Pixel Scout Review - Affiliate Junkey Program
- Pixel Scout Review - Affiliate Junkey Program
- Help Scout | Simple Customer Service Software and Education
- Jungle Scout Affiliate Program | Lasso
- Rehab Scout Affiliate Program
- 5 Things Your Customers Can Do Better than You - Help Scout
How I got from first stream to affiliate in the first month - I hope this helps you, too. (I spent a lot of time on this, here’s hoping it doesn’t get lost in new)
Hi friends, submitted by DrWattsTV to Twitch [link] [comments]
I want to first say that this isn’t a scheme or magical program to make Twitch growth “easy.” It also isn’t an effort to get you to subscribe or donate to my channel. The sole purpose of writing this is to attempt to provide all of the information and strategy I’ve used to date in a single, concise and digestible post -- something I wish I had on day one. As such, everything I have to share is below and there’s no link to bring you anywhere else. For those of you that I’ve talked with about this (friends, followers and subs) and those of you I don’t know, I really hope it helps!
Just over five weeks into streaming and I feel very fortunate to say that I reached affiliate status only a few days after the one-month mark. I’ve got 83 followers (only four of whom are people I personally know), 10 organic subscribers and nearly 1,000 views. No programs, No follow for follows, No boosts, No bot viewers/follows, etc. -- No BS. This past week, I averaged around 8 viewers, with some times higher and others lower.
This isn’t a brag. This is to say that there are things that I’ve learned in the past month, read from various resources, and watched over the course of countless youtube videos, that have propelled my stream forward much faster than I ever would’ve anticipated. Some growth strategies you’ll read about from only six months ago may no longer work due to the saturated nature of Twitch, while others may have been developed years ago and still work to this day. Perhaps to you, my numbers are quite low, or maybe you’ve been on your twitch journey for months, still seeking affiliate status but don’t quite know where to go next. Either way, I hope I can offer something to help you below.
Introductions aside, here are the points I’ve found most critical thus far in no particular order;
CAM - It seems to be the consensus among larger streamers and content creators that you absolutely need to have a cam if you want your channel to get anywhere. I completely agree with this sentiment. You are the focal point of your stream. Without a cam, your viewers are essentially watching gameplay footage with commentary here and there which can just as easily be done elsewhere. If you don’t have a cam and can’t afford one, that’s okay! You can actually use your phone as a cam and it’s much easier than you think it would be. Just google “EpocCam.” In my opinion, the app made it fairly self explanatory to set up. There’s a free version of the app and a paid version for something like eight dollars to get rid of the ads. It’s well worth the eight dollars, because the ads make it a frustration and you’ll already have plenty of those elsewhere when setting up your stream for the first time. P.S. I’m not endorsed or sponsored by this company -- If you’ve got a more efficient/inexpensive way to get a cam, take it!
PERSONALITY - Let the you who is you shine through. I just made that up. It’s 4:00AM. In all sincerity, this will likely be the most critical element of your channel. I have a theory on the success of this point which comes from a personal favorite streamer; the two-time himself, DrDisrespect. Doc clearly plays a well-developed character, but it comes across genuine. This gave me the impression of embellishing who he really is. Is Guy Beahm (Doc’s real name) actually an 80’s super villain, destroying anyone and anything in his path from behind the wheel of his red 1990 Lambo? No. BUT is he a guy who’s into the 80’s aesthetic, rages at games, and is a little overly competitive? Probably!
This got me thinking about the idea of taking your own personality and embellishing the bits which make you, YOU. I’ll give you an example. I’m a Zen Buddhist. I’m obsessed with Eastern philosophy and practices of Zen, presence and meditation are a significant part of my life. Therefore, on stream, I take these components and make them the focal point. If you ever watch me on stream, you’ll notice that in moments of absolute chaos and high tensions on screen, I remain almost comically calm and poke fun at the intensity of otherwise high-stress situations. I don’t tilt in moments that might frustrate others and will instead flip situations like these around into thoughts and questions about why we might feel that way. Even when I have engagements with toxic players, you’ll see that rather than engaging them with the reciprocal toxicity they’re looking for, I might say something like “Aw, friend, what happened today? It’s okay, you can tell me about it.” Not sarcastically, but in a genuine way! It’s fun to see if we can take the toxicity out of a teammate, BUT there is one more component to my stream which I would consider most significant. This leads us to our next point.
PASSION/REASON FOR STREAMING - Most people will tell you if you’re in it for the money, get out. I’ve read this sentence a million times. My feeling is that it’s not quite that simple. It’s perfectly okay to approach streaming with the goal of making it your full time job -- That’s exactly what I’m doing! HOWEVER, Consider a person who wants to be a rockstar, but has never written a note of music. Or held a guitar. Or sang outside their shower. They want to be a rockstar for the fame, money, etc. but they’ve got no passion for the art itself. I think we both know it’s very unlikely they’ll get anywhere at all. The same is true of streaming. There’s a point where passion and effort coincide with return. You do it because you love it, but you can’t put everything into it without it becoming your livelihood. You also can’t make it your livelihood without putting everything into it.
Perhaps your passion is the game itself and the will to share it. You want to be a Radiant rank Valorant player, teaming up with Shroud and Summit to play against pros while your fans watch and spam your chat with PogChamps and KEKWs. That’s fantastic and that passion will take you far. There are plenty of passions that can fuel your drive to put in the work when the odds are against you!
When I watched my first Twitch stream, the first thing that struck me was the way that the streamer was able to engage with so many people in chat, while they were simultaneously engaging one another. A more specific point that took my interest was that it was all, for the most part, anonymous. I immediately had the thought that this would be a great platform for people to have a place to get things off their chest. Almost like the next level of jotting frustrations into a diary -- only here, others can see, relate to, and even respond to the things you write in real-time. Even further, what if there were a streamer who, while delivering satisfying one-shot sniper content, could calmly talk over the chaos and offer perspective on the topic for that person and anyone else in chat going through the same sort of difficulties. For me, the passion is the potential to help people who are experiencing anxiety, depression, etc. with the same principals which helped me through these issues while creating a community where my viewers can offer the same for one another, if they choose to. That was the beginning of DrWatts.
UNIQUENESS - This should act as a sort of *bonus point* to the two above points. In a competitive game environment, it should be a given that you are at least decent at your game. It’s unlikely you’d be streaming it otherwise. Even if you’re great at it, it can only play to your advantage to push the aspect of your skill and offer something that few other channels can. While this can mean nearly anything, I’ll share with you the example of what I believe makes my on-screen content unique.
I predominantly stream VALORANT with regular switches to COD Warzone sprinkled between. In Warzone, I solo queue into Trios and use only the Kar98k, regardless of range, with success for the most part. In VALORANT however, it gets a little more elaborate. Essentially, I developed a stream “mini-game” within VALORANT wherein I only use the Marshal scout weapon. Throughout a match, certain things can happen which will force changes to my loadout. Additionally, I’ve added interesting and fun modifiers that chat can activate with channel points to make this “mini-game” more challenging or slightly easier on me. It’s a fun way to keep the gameplay fresh and interesting while keeping chat engaged with the gameplay. You can see the “DrWatts unrated VALORANT rules” in the about section on my channel if you’d like to see this in action. Perhaps it’ll give you some ideas!
OVERLAY - While it isn’t as essential as having the cam feed itself, it is still a critical component in my opinion. Have you ever been on twitch, perhaps looking at a lesser watched game, and decided to click on one of the handful of streamers playing it? Which did you click? I clicked the one with the best looking overlay in that tiny thumbnail box. Why? Because, as a viewer, It says something to me about “They put work into this” - “They care about the quality of their stream” - “They probably know the ropes and are NOT NEW AT THIS” -- even if we are ;). There’s a few ways to approach this hurdle, some more costly than others. You can try to take on making your own overlay (more on this later*), purchase a premium pre-made overlay, or pay someone to custom make one for your channel. While the latter is ideal, I think most of us at the beginning will want to begin with a premium pre-made overlay. For around 30 bucks, you’ll have your stream looking, for the most part, pretty professional.
SCHEDULE AND CONSISTENCY - It is important to have a consistent and identifiable schedule. Your viewers need to know when and where to find you! Try out different schedules as early as possible and find one that works for you. Once you’ve found what works for you and your lifestyle, stick with it as closely as you can. If you want for streaming to become your job, you’ve got to treat it like one! If you’re going to be late or need to change the time of a stream, handle it the same way you would with any other job. Do what you can to let your audience know and try as much as you can to not make a habit of it. Life happens and there isn’t anything we can do about that, but the more consistent you can be, the better!
An important note on this point: Sometimes you need to take a day off and I’d never make a case to prioritize your stream over your mental or physical health. Holding yourself accountable for your schedule is important to your success on Twitch, but nothing is more important than your health, friends.
PLAYING WITH GROUPS - I have mixed feelings on this point. You are the focal point, don’t forget that. It’s great to play with other streamers and friends, but I’d recommend limiting this to a section of your stream, rather than making it an expectation or identifier of your channel. Use it as an enhancement to what you’ve already got to offer, not as a crutch if you aren’t quite feeling confident solo yet. It’s an excellent opportunity to practice engaging your viewers and --if we’re being honest-- talking to yourself! Even when there’s no one to engage with, the lurkers in your chat won’t lurk for long if you’re sitting quietly playing the game. It is absolutely critical that you can stand on your own two feet, so don’t let playing with others inhibit your ability to do so!
BRANDING - This may seem like a point that “doesn’t matter til you’re big.” Remember when I said if you want it to be your job, you’ve got to treat it like a job? Your channel is your business and unless you treat it as such, it will be a failing business. Take that personality you developed and visualize it into a logo. Maybe you know photoshop, or maybe you get a friend to draw it for you. Maybe you make it in MS paint (I hope not). You really just need something that is identifiable as YOU. Once you’ve got it, put it everywhere. Everywhere. Twitch, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, Steam, Discord, Facebook. It will never hurt you to secure your brand on every platform even if you aren’t perpetually posting to each and every one!
If you guys would like to see a follow up post involving the social media marketing stuff I mentioned earlier, this would be another point that I would likely expand on as well.
KNOW WHAT YOU’RE GETTING YOURSELF INTO - This point isn’t to scare you. It’s to encourage you because YOU CAN undoubtedly do this. Further, this is more of a point for those who favor the densely saturated, top played games (Valorant, Warzone, Overwatch, League of Legends, etc.) This is the category that I fall into. You’ll do much more work off-stream than you do on-stream. From social media marketing to a constant influx of content creation, there’s a lot of work to be done. In games like these, you will never see organic growth via Twitch alone. It’s not because you’re not working hard and it’s not because you’re not amazing -- you definitely are. It’s because with only a few viewers, your channel will be buried by 70 pages worth of others trying to do exactly what you’re doing, leaving your only option for discoverability elsewhere -- at least at the beginning. If anyone is interested to see how I’ve approached these aspects of my stream, I’ll gladly do an additional post to cover them (Social media scheduling apps, content curation and editing, etc.)
BUYING FOLLOWERS / FOLLOW FOR FOLLOW / LURK FOR LURK / ETC. - Don’t do this. Just don’t. This is an absolute trap and serves no benefit to your channel. If you meet another streamer along the way and you mutually enjoy each others’ content, that’s awesome (This will happen!), but don’t follow each other simply for the number -- it helps neither of you. There are countless reasons for this being the case and I’ll gladly talk about it with you in a PM or even on stream, but suffice to say there are too many reasons to list why this does not benefit you, nor the people exchanging with you.
MODS - For the obvious reasons, they’re important. You never know when the bots will show up in chat or, worse, when little Timmy is having a bad day and wants to let it out via profanity spam in your chat. Unlucky. Have a close friend or two to help you with this at the start if/when they’re available.
DON’T BE DISCOURAGED - Kudos to you if you’re still reading. I’d definitely wager that you’re committed to this and this point may be moot for you, but still I feel that it’s an important one to address. Developing growth on a streaming platform is hard, that’s for sure. But it’s not impossible and we’re all capable so long as we maintain our commitment to the passions we identified earlier. I have a life experience which taught a particular lesson and still to this day, it’s the most valuable lesson I’ve ever learned. I’d be glad to share that story with anyone who is interested, but it’s applicable to most low-odd gambles and goes something like this:
Every time you get that sensation of “this isn’t working, I want to quit,” so are a 1000 other channels. When those moments happen, YOU are going to be the one to say “No, I’m going to keep going.” Even after a seven hour stream with only 2 viewers. With no willingness to give up, you’ve already differentiated yourself from 50% of channels. THOSE DAYS WITH 3 VIEWERS WILL STILL HAPPEN, I HAVE THOSE DAYS TOO -- Even your most loyal followership will still have a life outside of twitch. Keep that in your mind and don’t allow those discouraging thoughts in. Continue on the same as you would if there were 10, 100, or 1,000 people in chat. One day, friends :)
++ BONUS POINTS - This point is not at all essential, but is more of an ‘above and beyond’ that’ll benefit you along the way. During the course of my Twitch journey thus far, I’ve take it upon myself to learn Adobe Photoshop, Premier Pro and After Effects. I’m by no means a master of any of these programs, but I understand how to use each to a point where I’ve developed my own logo from scratch, made emotes, animated my logo, created a stream commercial and more. As I said, this is by no means essential, but if you should decide to take this point on, It’ll stand to benefit you going forward as it has for me.
Well, friends, we made it. I appreciate you taking the time to read this post and genuinely hope that you found at least a point or two which will help you along your journey through Twitch and beyond. As I said in the beginning, I’m not looking for any kind of return from this post, but feel free to stop by my channel if you’d like to see how I apply all of the points above! I’d be happy to further elaborate on any of the above on stream as well! I have followers that watch regularly who are interested in a lot of the same and enjoy stream discussions.
Let me know in the comments if this helps any of you achieve affiliate status! Thoughts and criticisms are always welcomed as well :)
Best of luck in your Twitch journeys, friends.
A Product of Physics (Chapter 8 - John Paul Jones)
First submitted by Alex_146 to HFY [link] [comments]
|Next Map of the unknown region Lycia's army reached the battlefield, carrying one of mankind's greatest adversaries with them. Tens of thousands lay in medical tents, field medics and priests tried everything they know. Things like bloodletting, drugs, native flora like the bark of an Elder Noxious tree mixed with the root of a Steinpilz Mushroom to produce a powerful cure.
All attempts to cure the plague were futile. Slowly, the horror spread throughout the known world. Slowing the campaign into a brutal siege campaign where every win means the slow and painful death of thousands lying on the ground and staring death in the face every day.
Hundreds of plague doctors die every month. Without sanitation etiquette of the modern era, the virus jumped from one patient to another via doctors. Bodies were buried in mass graves and burned. The leaders of the unknown region hid in their palaces, parliaments and meeting halls. Soldiers were recalled from the frontlines to keep the peace.
Citizens living in population centres lived in fear, praying to gods. Church bells rang all hours of the day. The war on the northern front was no longer the concern and, for all intents and purposes, has ended.
Admiral Johnson sat in the bridge on the new USS John Paul Jones from the FNCS program. He was commander of the 1st US unknown region exploration fleet. Under his command were two other destroyers and one cruiser. In his opinion, four brand new ships against rickety wooden ships. However, he was excited to try the latest systems from engineering.
One such innovation was the new stealth technologies. The anti-radar technology made the ships look like early 3d models from the 2000s. What's more important for this situation was the visual camouflage. The colour choice makes it impossible for anyone to distinguish the ship from the ocean with the naked eye beyond 6 nautical miles. It is perfect for these types of missions. And with that, the first earth fleet went into another world.
Dr. Ahron Kade sat down at the meeting room of the medicine guild headquarters. It was a large, cavernous room dotted with oil lamps with an interior style similar to that of Victorian England. The medical guild was a unique organization since the guild itself does not swear allegiance to any sovereign nations and has members dotting everywhere around the world. A typical meeting would be filled with lizards, birds, and many more creatures, both weird and wonderful.
The medicine guild was always ridiculed for accepting everyone. However, when outbreaks occur, it was still guild members who rush towards the danger while everyone flees. Now, with this strange new outbreak occurring during a time of war, it was up to the medicine guild to stop the epidemic. But as more and more guild members become bodies in mass graves, the guild's very survival is questioned.
"I welcome everyone to the meeting. Now, first things first, we have researched where the outbreak originated and found it to be" Guild President Artuhr announced. He was an elderly Qauns who resembles an upright jaguar.
"Indeed, It is evidenced the sickness came from the Draxtedian city of Newbuton. According to the residents, patient zero was a merchant." Added the secretary as he shuffled the parchments. He was a proud Eenkell - the birdpeople. He was wearing a long, black fur coat.
"After looking into the activities of the merchant, we have found that he sold a vial of 'black water'. The buyer was reported to be wearing a green shirt and pants with most of their faces covered by black glasses. After purchasing, the group was never seen again. This leads me to believe that the evil spirit originated from them." continued the secretary.
"I was treating the sick the other day, no methods of treatments worked. However, I noticed something curious. The Qauns living in the city was unaffected." Dr Ahron Kade stated
"hmm... that's interesting, are the evil spirits avoiding my species?" The president questioned.
Dr Kyle has heard about the news, America has beaten France to the oil deals. This gave him a great opportunity. As the French government is busy trying to deal with the new development, he would be able to assemble a first response team and convince the government to approve of curing influenza since there would be no more anticipated equipment that will move into the portal.
The government approved the team under conditions that the team is to represent France and that the government gets to claim that in international meetings. With that approval, kyle asked some medical personnel to accompany him to the new world.
20 nautical miles away from the USS John Paul Jones, fleets of Draxtedian war galleys had set up a naval blockade of the Newleighian Empire port cities. The navy of the alliance of nations numbered in the tens of thousands. It could easily overpower anything in the unknown region. Admirals sat in their capital ships, looking over the biggest joint fleet the world has ever seen. That was when reports started to come in that strange birds were buzzing in the horizon.
The Admirals were sceptical, the supposed "bird" had no wings and last time they checked, all birds have wings. They admirals dismissed them as illusions and suggested the sailors get more sleep. The idea of a bird that large, if it exists, was utterly absurd. They continued to discuss war plans, unaware of the three destroyers and cruiser cruising towards them.
Kyle and the medical staff were determined to help as best they can. However, they faced two problems. The first one being that the native inhabitants may be alienated to their efforts. After all, what if the treatment of sickness in specific ways are considered taboo.
The second problem was the uncertainty of alien anatomy. Antibiotics and Antiviral drugs may be dangerous to the patient. Not to mention, modern nanites are deadly if misused. Driving towards their destination, their first plan is to train up the translation ai more since medical explanations cannot be misunderstood lest for lives to be lost.
The SUVs came to a stop. They've made it to their location. In front of them were a grand wall built with sweat, tears and lots of money. Measuring 12 meters high, it surrounded the entire city and was made out of stone bricks. Although not as impressive as modern skyscrapers, there was a feeling of grandeur looking up at the protective walls that likely guarded the city against countless invasions.
The team walked into the city, posing as travellers there to sightsee. Their first goal was to listen in to conversations for the early few days to train the translation ai and to gather information about their medical technology.
They walked up and down the remarkably clean streets of the lower city. Although nowhere near clean to modern standards, it was not the poop-filled rat paradise often passed down as "common knowledge" for anybody familiar with the medieval era. Dotted around the streets are rusty iron candleholders most with half-burnt candles. Evidently, the concept of public lighting was invented before oil lamps. Perhaps oil is simply not economical due to external factors.
Few citizens walked outside doing their day jobs. The market was almost barren of buyers or merchants. Influenza has already hit this city, and it hit them hard. This was when Kyle noticed a faint smell of smoke and another scent reminiscent of burnt chicken. They are burning bodies.
Groups of doctors walk from door-to-door, treating everyone with everything that has a sign of helping. This mainly included alcohol and all of the hard & soft drugs. That's when one doctor noticed oddly dressed men walking around with no destination or goals at all. In fact, they've even walked down the areas with high miasma level. do they have a death wish or something? The group were wearing odd, two-piece garments with vivid colours ranging from the brightest red to the darkest black.
The doctor could hear the odd group speaking in an unsettlingly familiar language that also seems so distant. They weren't wearing masks and were utterly oblivious of the plague ravaging the city. From what he was observing, the only thing the odd group was doing was eavesdropping on conversations. He decided it would be best to leave the group to their own devices and went back to treating the sick. Only sending a mail bird to alert the guild of their existence.
10 nautical miles away from the blockade, Admiral Johnson could now clearly see the sheer scale of the supposed barrier. Modern naval blocks only require a couple of destroyer fleets and submarines to block out access to entire oceans. Without radar technology and nuclear engines, however, it becomes almost impossible to do such things. So the only choice for medieval admirals is to fill the ocean with as many ships as possible to block out any possible exits.
The radar has picked up at least 280 ship signatures with signs of more nearby. The admiral didn't want confrontation, but his orders were to scout out 30 nautical miles around the portal and any coastlines that are found. The computer will do the charting, they just have to set sail.
Closer and closer the fleet goes, so close that the blockade must have noticed by now. The sheer size of the ship must have sent the poor aliens scrambling to their feet and start pissing their pants. However, orders are orders, and what would arrowheads do to the ship? The admiral prayed that no lives would be needlessly lost. He prepped the translators and prepared for a chat with the alien commanders.
The admirals were still partying and drinking to their heart's content. Still blissfully unaware of the giant cruising towards them. When a sailor scrambled to report that a ship more enormous than any capital vessel combined was spotted worryingly close and was moving at an unprecedented speed. Having had enough of the sailor's jokes and rumours, one of the admiral stepped outside. He was greeted with a ship that could sink the entire fleet just by ramming and not suffer any damages.
The capital vessel was no small ship mind you. It was the largest and most magnificent ship in the entire world, and it was easily dwarfed by this iron-clad monster. The admiral was so in awe that he didn't notice the lack of sails on the battlecruiser. His main concern right now was the intent of the ship that could rival the gods themselves.
"You, sailor, what is this ship's affiliation?" The captain growled, he needed an answer since there was no way his fleet could win in a battle
"The ship's origin nation is unclear sir. The flag is one I had never seen before" The sailor answered immediately. The flag of the united states used colours and symbols wholely unlike any nations on the continent. Usually, countries in Thovadus have flags with their nation's crests on them, not some abstract colours and symbols that are common for nations on earth. As the USS. John Paul Jones sail ever closer, the soldiers in the blockade fleet start to fear for the inevitable.
That was when the strangest thing occurred. A tiny boat was lifted from the giant to the sea. Inside contained several soldiers incredibly similar to that of the men in several prominent empires. The troops wore odd patterns of different shades of blue, and they were travelling on a small boat at speed never seen before without oars. The admiral was perplexed, he was alert, but he did not order his men to attack.
He was reasonable. If the other party had hostile intentions, they needn't have sent a single boat filled with at most 5 people on board. They were also unlikely to be affiliated with the empire - The extensive spy network of the allied nations couldn't possibly have missed the launch of such a magnificent ship.
"We hail from the United States of America." One of the soldiers on the small transport boat claimed. "We are incredibly sorry for our unexpected arrival. May we come aboard to meet your commander? We are unarmed, you may inspect us if you are unsure." Seeing no harm in doing this, the admiral approved for the visitors to come on board the flagship to have a chat. A chat that could change the planet and everyone living on it.
Timeline of the Alien, Predator, Alien vs. Predator, and Prometheus Universe
Introduction submitted by Xenosaurian to alienpredatoruniverse [link] [comments]
The following is the official in-universe timeline of events as they unfold throughout the shared continuity of the Alien
, Alien vs. Predator
, and Prometheus
franchises. While the cinematic timeline begins with Predator
in 1987 and ends with Alien Resurrection
in 2381, the shared universe technically began with the 1989 comic Aliens vs. Predator
by Dark Horse Comics (which takes place at an unknown date) and was cemented together with the release of the 2004 film Alien vs. Predator
(which takes place in the same year) and has been further expanded upon ever since throughout various Alien
, Alien vs. Predator
media, notably through the Fire and Stone
(2014–2015) and Life and Death
(2016–2017) comics by Dark Horse Comics. Throughout this fictional history, we see the Weyland-Yutani Corporation (simply known as "the Company") and its ancestral companies, Weyland Corporation (a.k.a. Weyland Industries) and Yutani Corporation (a.k.a. Yutani Incorporated), and affiliate organizations, such as OWLF/Project Stargazer, in their persistent pursuit of capturing and studying the Aliens (a.k.a. Xenomorph) and the Predators (a.k.a. Yautja), with civilians and military personnel, such as the United States Colonial Marines Corps, trying to combat and survive these extraterrestrial threats while either attempting to stop or aid the Company in achieving their goals. 18th Century
- 1715 AD
- Unknown date: Raphael Adolini manufactures a Spanish-made flintlock pistol (which later was owned by the "City Hunter" Predator which stalked the streets of Los Angeles in the summer of 1997). 
- 1718 AD
- Unknown date: Captain Raphael Adolini and his crew comes ashore on Guinea Coast. After battling his crew over his intention to return some stolen goods, a Predator named "the Golden Angel" joins the fight, leaving only Adolini and the Predator alive. Adolini is mortally wounded and gives his flintlock pistol to the Predator, who in return buries the deceased Adolini together with his own alien sword. 
- 1904 AD
- October 10th: The whaler Emma sails to Bouvetøya island, Antarctica, at the start of the whaling season under the Nyberg Brothers oil company. The Emma successfully hunts almost 300 whales during the year. Suddenly the crew notices strange lights falling from the sky, after which the crew recovers a Predator pod and brings it back to their campsite, only to have crew-member Karl Johanssen finding a Predator killing off his entire crew. Johanssen escapes the scene and later returns almost dead due to severe hypothermia before becoming witness to a Predator fighting an Alien. 
- 1930 AD
- Unknown date: A Predator stalks and kills mob boss Bruno Borgia in New Way City, USA, and after showing Bruno's head to his wife Isabella, she shoots the Predator in the eye, causing his blood to splatter on her and her infant son Hunter, after which the Predator is named "Scarface". The now one-eyed Scarface makes a hasty escape, leaving behind some of his equipment, and failing to kill himself during his attempt to escape, he's shamed by defeat for having exposed his race to the humans, and Scarface is exiled by his clan to a planet inhabited by deadly arachnoid alien creatures 
- 1945 AD
- August 6th: Atomic bombs are dropped on Hiroshima, Japan, and according to later US government records, the heat and conflict attracted Predators. 
- 1979 AD
- Unknown date: Last known case of cholera. 
- September 22nd: A mysterious explosion is detected by a Vela Hotel satellite over the Indian Ocean at Bouvet Island, Antarctica. The event eventually became known as the Vela Incident. Initially thought to be caused by a nuclear detonation or an airbust from a meteor crashing down to Earth, it was later theorized by Sebastian de Rosa to be caused by a Predator self-destruct device. Colonel Alexander Woods is in charge of an investigation into the event. 
- 1987 AD
- Unknown date: A Predator lands in a Central American jungle while being tracked by Major Dutch Schaefer and his paramilitary team, leaving only Dutch as the sole survivor. 
- 1990 AD
- October 1st: Peter Weyland is born in Mumbai, India, to an Oxford-educated Professor of Comparative Mythology and a self-taught engineer. 
- 1997 AD
- Unknown date: A Predator stalks the streets of Los Angeles during a very hot summer while being pursued by Lieutenant Mike Harrigan and the secret government organization OWLF (the Other Worldly Life Forms Program) headed by CIA Agent Peter Keyes and second-in-command Agent Garber. Keyes is eventually killed by the Predator, leaving Garber in charge. After following the Predator into its own spaceship, finding a trophy room containing human skulls and the skull of an Alien, Harrigan partakes in a final fight with the Predator, killing it, only to find himself surrounded by his clan-members. The clan leader Grayback or "the Golden Angel" eventually gifts him Raphael Adolini's flintlock pistol. 
- Unknown date: Colonel Alexander Woods submits his final report regarding an unexplained nuclear explosion off Bouvet Island, Antarctica, in 1979, and those believed responsible, but the results are inconclusive. His daughter Alexa "Lex" Woods begins working on 'The Ice', that is Arctic and Antarctic environments. 
- Unknown date: Alexa Woods and her father climb Mount Ranier, but following complications from a broken leg, Colonel Woods dies during the descent. 
- 2004 AD
- October 1st: Days after his 14th birthday, Peter Weyland is granted a Method Patent for a synthetic trachea (a cure for lung cancer) constructed entirely of synthetically-engineered stem cells. It is his 12th registered patent to date. 
- October 10th: Billionaire and self-taught engineer Charles Bishop Weyland (original founder and CEO of Weyland Industries, a.k.a. Weyland Corporation) organizes an expedition traveling on the icebreaker Piper Maru to Bouvetøya island, Antarctica, to investigate an ancient pyramid buried beneath the ice. Crew-member Alexa "Lex" Woods, along with a few other crew-members, is brought on the Weyland 14 helicopter to the Piper Maru, and once on the island she questions why Weyland, suffering from lung cancer, partakes in such a perilous mission (recalling events where her dad Colonel Woods died while climbing Mount Ranier), after which he insists on being part of such a monumental discovery which will inevitably lead to him being rendered immortal through people's memory and the legacy he leaves behind. Discovering the pyramid to be a breeding ground for Aliens every 100 years intended for the ritualistic hunts of the Predators, everyone in the team ends up dead, including Mr. Weyland at the hands of a Predator named Scar (who in turn gets impregnated by an Alien Facehugger), leaving Alexa Woods as the sole survivor working together with Scar to take out the remaining Aliens and the Alien Queen before they reach the surface and take over the planet. The Queen ends up killing Scar before she's sent down into the Antarctic Ocean to be frozen alive. Scar's dead body is later brought on board a Predator mothership by his clan-members, with Lex being acknowledged as an Alien-killer by the clan leader before the mothership leaves the planet. A Predalien Chestburster later erupts from Scar's body. 
- Unknown date: A Predator scout ship detaches from the mothership seen in Antarctica and crashes in Gunnison, Colorado, and releases a Predalien which starts building an Alien hive in the small town, leading to the US military dropping a tactical nuke on the town with a small group of people escaping with a Predator handgun, which is eventually acquired by Colonel Stevens of the US military and brought to Ms. Yutani (eventually leading to the development of advanced technology such as the FTL drives fitted aboard the USCSS Prometheus and the USCSS Nostromo). 
- 2010 AD
- Unknown date: A group of mercenaries are brought to an alien planet acting as a game preserve for Predators. 
- 2012 AD
- October 11th: Weyland Corporation is recognized as a legal entity and corporation under United States law and receives their Certificate of Incorporation from the Companies House in the United Kingdom. Due to the combined value of Sir Peter Weyland's various patents and patent-pendings, the company incorporates with a higher fair market valuation than any other company in history. 
- 2015 AD
- March 27th: Weyland Industries launches first industrialized space mission to install solar panels that align and move in Earth's orbital plane but at an axial tilt, imitating a perpetual summer solstice. The renewable energy gathered in the months following this expedition made Peter Weyland his first billion. 
- June 30th: Following Weyland's success with solar panels, Weyland Industries receives funding from a trio of major venture capital firms. 
- 2016 AD
- February 2nd: Using a precursor to the atmospheric processor of his own invention, Peter Weyland is able to generate a localized synthetic atmosphere above the polar ice cap, effectively ending global warming. 
- July 17th: At the age of 25, Sir Peter Weyland becomes one of the youngest people to ever achieve knighthood. 
- 2017 AD
- December 10th: Sir Peter Weyland is honored with the Nobel Peace prize in Science for his extraordinary atmospheric work over the polar ice cap. 
- December 19th: Using capital from his 2015 success, Weyland acquires copyrights to technology developed by NASA's innovative but poorly funded Project Prometheus. With Weyland's significantly augmented funding for the project, JIMO became a reality and proves the existence of simple life in Europa's ocean. 
- 2018 AD
- Unknown date: A Predator spaceship crashes in Mexico and U.S. Army Ranger Quinn McKenna and a group of PTSD-afflicted soldiers work together to take down a pair of Predators, including a genetically enhanced Ultimate Predator, and prevent a possible invasion of the planet while the successor organization to OWLF, Project Stargazer (with connections to Yutani Corporation), seeks to capture and study the Predators. 
- 2022 AD
- June 1st: Scientists from the Health Division identify the genetic chain of events for 98% of cancers. Using genetically-altered cells as well as elements found beyond Earth's heavens, Weyland successfully deploys an effective cure for almost all cancers. 
- 2023 AD
- February 4th: Sir Peter Weyland is awarded the Nobel Peace prize in Medicine for his cancer cure. 
- February 28th: In a now legendary TED Talk, Sir Peter Weyland clarifies his vision for Weyland Industries, laying the groundwork for the next 50 years of Building Better Worlds. 
- August 5th: Weyland Industries earns patent number 8,128,899 for Method and Apparatus for cybernetic individuals for use in scientific and industrial environments. 
- 2024 AD
- May 10th: Weyland military engineers make first significant improvement to rifling technology since the 19th century, tripling speed and doubling accuracy of projectiles. Exact rifling pattern and twist rate remain classified. 
- September 6th: Weyland Industries makes first foray into the luxury goods market with its Holographic Environment Simulator. It is the first HES able to accurately recreate the aesthetic, mood and sounds of any place in the known world, as well as provide live video feed from any calibrated receiver. 
- September 10th: Weyland Industries introduces first rifle (the Weyland Storm Rifle) able to track targets from over 500 klicks away, as well as determine target's health, physique and whether they can be locked down. 
- 2025 AD
- January 7th: Weyland manufactures the first advanced android prototype model of its kind. He is affectionately called David 1, a name Sir Peter Weyland had initially reserved for his own human son. 
- 2026 AD
- March 22nd: Weyland Industries earns patent number 9,158,239 for a chemical composition (an advanced polyurethane compound) of classified properties able to almost perfectly replicate the biological features and texture of human skin. 
- June 3rd: Weyland Industries earns patent number 10,445,075 for Method and Apparatus for self-adjusting crosshairs that auto-process windage, Coriolis effect, trajectory, etc. -- eliminating the need for spotters and mathematical formulas. 
- September 30th: Weyland acquires the world's largest public biotech firm, significantly bolstering the company's biotech holdings. 
- November 18th: Weyland privatizes NASA's famous Kepler mission, increases its funding 10-fold and within the year discovers 6,546 more bio-compatible planets. 
- 2028 AD
- January 1st: Weyland makes significant adjustments to the David 2 android prototype, facilitating David's first interaction with humans. This initial meeting is very promising. 
- March 31st: Weyland Industries becomes first company in history to achieve a market capitalization of $100 billion in five years. 
- May 20th: Weyland labs in San Francisco discover the body's ability to hypersleep (or stasis function) – the complete cessation of life processes, which can be restarted when stasis is removed. The search for a practical application begins. 
- 2029 AD
- August 9th: Weyland Industries earns patent number 11,280,599 for Method and Apparatus for a device that enhances the capacity of an extraterrestrial planetary environment to support life; effectively the first fully-automated atmospheric processor. This patent is expected to make the founder's famous boast a reality: “There are other worlds than this one, and if there is no air to breathe, we will simply have to make it.” 
- September 18th: Europe's nuclear research co-operative (CERN) runs out of government funding. Weyland acquires the organization as well as their largest particle accelerator and other facilities. 
- December 12th: After years of litigation, Weyland wins the David patent lawsuit against the Japanese start-up Yutani Corporation, effectively protecting the investments of both Weyland Industries and its shareholders. 
- 2030 AD
- Unknown date: The Predator known as "Scarface" is offered a chance for redemption by his clan-members as humans have been using the technology that he left behind on Earth in 1930 to destroy and capture other Predators and to wage mob warfare, culminating in the formation of Neonopolis, the successor to New Way City. The warring mob factions all pay tribute to Lucretia Borgia, daughter of Hunter Borgia and granddaughter of Bruno Borgia (who Scarface faced and killed in 1930). Scarface battles the mob in order to recover the stolen Predator technology and take control over the new city, eventually facing MOTHER, the computer that controls the city, controlled by his old adversary Isabella Borgia who releases a batch of Xenomorphs on Scarface before he ends up killing her along with her son Hunter, which in turn killed his own daughter Lucretia after having genetically enhanced himself with Predator DNA and gone insane. Scarface takes Hunter's head and declares the city as belonging to the Predator. Later, a man referred to as Mr. Weyland buys out Borgia Industries along with the new MOTHER computer, now run by Lucretia. 
- July 27th: Weyland Industries earns patent number 12,004,556 for Method and Apparatus for a device (the Hypersleep Chamber) that can initiate, monitor and terminate hypersleep. HCs revolutionize space travel permitting increasingly longer, more advanced missions and enabling unprecedented discovery. 
- 2031 AD
- August 10th: Terraforming begins on Luna with plans for multiple settlements. 
- 2032 AD
- April 3rd: Weyland acquires four of the largest existing defense conglomerates in the world. These major acquisitions significantly bolsters multinational defense, security, and aerospace technology holdings. 
- May 20th: Weyland scientists discover the inverse relationship between velocity and the flow of time making the long sought-after concept of faster than light travel a reality. The search for practical application begins. 
- 2033 AD
- July 4th: Weyland creates new 5.56 millimeter round made of metals mined from the circumstellar habitable zone planets orbiting within Gliese 581 capable of traveling at max velocity in any atmosphere at any range. 
- October 4th: Weyland Corp's one millionth employee is hired. His name is Dr. Richard Post and he serves as Chief Statistician to the Electronics Division. 
- 2034 AD
- January 17th: Weyland Industries introduces the first FTL-capable SEV (space exploration vehicle), the Heliades. 
- 2035 AD
- May 11th: The National Science Foundation (NSF) lifts restrictions on the commercial use of David androids. 
- June 30th: After android regulations are lifted, the third generation David is deployed internally in order to test human acceptance of cybernetics individuals. Results are encouraging. 
- July 21st: Weyland Industries opens several new offices across the globe expanding corporate presence to Greece, Antarctica, El Salvador, and South Africa to name a few. 
- 2036 AD
- August 25th: Weyland Industries launches the Explorers Academy -- an alternative grad school for underprivileged college students interested in the fields of biotech, nanotech, cybernetics and terraforming. Top graduates of the program are offered positions at Weyland Industries. 
- 2037 AD
- December 15th: Fortune 500 names Weyland Industries number one on their list of “10 best companies to work for.” 
- December 21st: Weyland astronomers note an area of space appearing very rich in minerals and other natural resources. Weyland expected to travel there within the century. 
- 2038 AD
- July 4th: Weyland Industries becomes chief employer of Asian Conflict veterans supplying 35% with steady work. 
- 2039 AD
- March 2nd: Weyland Industries earns patent number 13,345,075 for Method and Apparatus for an add-on feature (Auto-Compensation) to Weyland Storm capable of compensating for composition, density, pressure and refractive index of any atmosphere. 
- May 28th: Using the Weyland Atmospheric Processor, the first functional and breathable atmosphere is produced on planet GJ 667Cc clearing the way for further terraforming activities on other planets. 
- May 14th: Weyland astronomers discover multiple moons (including Acheron LV-426) and a ringed planet just outside the Zeta 2 Reticula System, which are possibly able to support life. Weyland expects to travel there within the century. 
- 2042 AD
- April 1st: David 4 becomes the first commercially available model of the David series. He is eventually expected to improve work-flow and efficiency at offices and homes across the world. 
- August 18th: Weyland Industries awarded government contract to build and maintain HD 85512 b Class E Correctional Unit. Prisoners from Earth and other facilities are successfully relocated, and many have since been rehabilitated into society. 
- 2042 AD
- November 20th: Weyland Industries writes $5 billion check to Little Explorers -- a charity dedicated to the education of troubled middle school students interested in science and technology. 
- 2051 AD
- April 19th: Weyland Industries makes essential updates to on-planet transport. The new vehicle (the RT01 Group Transport) is capable of traversing any known terrain and has virtually no weight limit for cargo, passengers and equipment. 
- 2052 AD
- February 14th: Weyland Industries earns patent number 14,524,002 for Method and Apparatus for first manned land-vehicle (the ATV NR6) capable of negotiating vertical surfaces. This technology permits Weyland scientists and terraforming teams to reach previously inaccessible destinations. 
- July 7th: Weyland makes significant intellectual and emotional updates to the David 5 android, further increasing human acceptance. 
- 2055 AD
- August 1st: NAFE (National Association for Female Executives) names Weyland Industries a Top 50 Company for Executive Women. 
- 2056 AD
- January 29th: Weyland Industries earns patent number 15,725,924 for Method and Apparatus for a mechanised exo-skeleton (the Power Loader) used for lifting and moving heavy objects such as crates and vehicle weaponry. 
- 2057 AD
- May 6th: Weyland Industries earns patent number 15,999,127 for Method and Apparatus for an ejectable luxury lifeboat pod able to sustain one human life for up to 50 years. 
- 2059 AD
- July 22nd: Weyland introduces unique expedition security apparatus (or Portable Decontamination Pack) able to decontaminate indoor and outdoor environments. Apparatus mines surrounding air for flammable compounds, making it ultra light-weight as well as self-replenishing. 
- 2060 AD
- August 9th: Weyland Industries introduces revolutionary, game-changing language tool (the Broca Dialectical Implant). It is the first-ever to require no actual learning on the consumer's behalf. 
- 2061 AD
- September 2nd: Weyland Industries earns patent number 16,572,092 for Method and Apparatus for the first fully-automated diagnosis and surgical station (the Medpod 720I). 
- 2062 AD
- February 26th: Only 7% of humans can recognize the sixth generation of David as a cybernetic individual. 
- 2063 AD
- December 1st: Weyland Industries earns patent number 17,900,353 for Method and Apparatus for an antigravity device (the Spectagraph) that 3D live-maps any foreign terrain, revolutionizing the pre-process of terraforming and developing new colonies. 
- 2064 AD
- August 11th: Significantly upgraded space suit includes a variety of Weyland patented features, such as cadium exo-skeleton; info display with mission details; vitals: environmental stats and more. 
- 2065 AD
- June 23rd: Sir Peter Weyland Memorial Library built in Washington, DC. 
- November 20th: As Weyland Industries expands their terraforming activities and colonial endeavors, the company is approached by the US government to begin work on the formation of a colonial peacekeeping force trained or populated by marines in the event of future conflict. 
- 2066 AD
- April 7th: As production costs for the David series decreases, Weyland Industries is increasingly able to extend those savings to everyday consumers, leading to remarkable proliferation of the product. 
- 2068 AD
- July 6th: Weyland builds and successfully deploys thousands of Seventh Generation Davids into workplaces across the universe. Human acceptance of David 7 reaches an all-time high thanks to Weyland's highly classified emotional encoding technology, David 7 can accurately replicate most human emotions down to the tiniest nuance while consistently achieving all mission objectives. 
- 2069 AD
- July 13th: Samuel Brett is born in Houston, Texas, United States. 
- 2070 AD
- June 30th: Since FDA approval, one dozen Medpods have been produced with tens of thousands on back order. 
- 2071 AD
- May 13th: Weyland Industries becomes Worldwide Olympic Partner and official “Cybernetics Company” of the Olympic movement through 2091. 
- August 16th: Weyland Industries earns patent number 18,364,003 for Method and Apparatus for device (the Synapse Reestablisher) able to temporarily restart brain activity of deceased individuals. 
- 2072 AD
- March 9th: Weyland Industries consolidates all products and solutions into seven verticals: health, transportation, energy, electronics, terraforming, security and cybernetics. 
- 2073 AD
- January 1st: Based on recent classified findings by Weyland researchers, the company determines the exact coordinates of a new destination for long-time pet project: Project Prometheus. New round of investment is immediately opened and mission planning enters full-swing. 
- 2076 AD
- February 27th: Arthur J. Dallas is born in Wolf Point, Montana – United States. 
- 2080 AD
- February 4th: Dennis Parker is born in San Diego, California, United States. 
- 2083 AD
- April 20th: Thomas Kane is born in Borehamwood, Herts-UK, European Union. 
- 2091 AD
- Unknown date: The Prometheus mission leaves for LV-223. 
- 2092 AD
- January 7th: Ellen Ripley is born in Olympia, Luna, United States. 
- 2093 AD
- November 7th: Joan Lambert is born in Ontario, Canada. 
- Unknown date: Sir Peter Weyland, on a secret mission to be freed from his elderly sickly state and acquire eternal life, travels with a crew of scientists aboard the spaceship USCSS Prometheus to planet LV-223 to find the creators of mankind, called the Engineers, and ends up discovering a pathogenic mutagen with the ability to create Aliens as well as a hostile Engineer, leaving everyone in the crew dead, including Mr. Weyland, except for Doctor Elizabeth Shaw and the beheaded android David 8 who uses an Engineer Juggernaut spaceship to travel to the homeworld of the Engineers. 
- 2094 AD
- Unknown date: Doctor Elizabeth Shaw sends out a transmission. 
- 2099 AD
- Unknown date: The Weyland Corporation absorbs cybernetics rival Yutani; the Weyland-Yutani Corporation opens with the largest share value ever recorded on the Systems Exchange. 
- 2101 AD
- Unknown date: The United States Colonial Marine Corps is established, through the National Security Act of 2101, with a strength of roughly 165,000 marines. 
- 2104 AD
- Unknown date: South, Central, and North America form a financial collective, the United Americas. 
- Unknown date: The colony spacecraft USCSS Covenant are traveling towards habitable planet Origae-6 when they are struck by a starburst and discover a signal from another habitable planet dubbed Planet 4 and decide to investigate it and discovers an Earth-like world filled with dead Engineers and new forms of Aliens, including the Neomorphs, being a result of a hostile David 8 android, from the Prometheus mission, having experimented with the pathogenic mutagen of the Engineers. The remaining crew members escape the planet, unknowingly having brought back David 8 to the Covenant, falsely believing him to be their own identical Walter android, ending up in him taking over the vessel, leaving the ship's colonists at his mercy and storing two Alien embryos among the ship's human embryos. 
- 2111 AD
- Unknown date: Estimated date for the arrival of the USCSS Covenant on planet Origae-6. 
- 2116 AD
- Unknown date: The USCSS Nostromo is constructed. 
- Unknown date: Dr. Lucien Keitel finds traces of Aliens about 1.6 billion years old in Australia's Great Desert. 
- 2117 AD
- Unknown date: After nearly a hundred years without a recorded incident, Predators attack a thousand-men-strong human colony on planet Midnight. 
- 2121 AD
- June 12th: USCSS Nostromo is scheduled to departure from Thedus in 0600 hours. Captain Dallas sends a relay message received by Sevastopol Station informing of their departure.
- 2122 AD
- Unknown date: The crew of the USCSS Nostromo, under contract with the Weyland-Yutani Corporation, are awakened from hypersleep to investigate a distress signal coming from the moon Acheron LV-426 in the Zeta 2 Reticuli System. Eventually they discover a crashed Engineer Juggernaut dubbed "the Derelict" and one of the crew-members, Kane, encounters Alien Ovomorphs and a Facehugger attaches itself to him. The resulting Alien hunts the crew, killing them one-by-one, and is faced by the lone survivor Warrant Officer Ellen Ripley, eventually discovering her crew-mate Ash is an android ordered to protect the Alien according to Weyland-Yutani's Special Order 937. Ripley escapes the ship on the lifeboat Narcissus after activating the self-destruct system of the Nostromo. Ripley soon discovers the Alien is on board the escape pod with her and she ends up ejecting it through the hatch, after which she enters into cryosleep. 
- 2124 AD
- Unknown date: Seegson Corporation executives arrive on Sevastopol Station to reenergize the station, transforming it into a cosmopolitan hub. Some time later, the rerouting of the Sol-Thedus flight path decreases the activity on Sevastopol and the station was scheduled for decommission with its inhabitants gradually reduced to a skeleton crew. 
- 2130 AD
- Unknown date: Cofounded by the Weyland-Yutani Corporation, Gateway Station is constructed. 
- 2137 AD
- November 11th: H. Marlow arrives at Sevastopol Station on board the salvage vessel Anesidora requesting emergency medical attention for his wife C. Foster, who was attacked by an Alien Facehugger. Chief Marshal Waits chooses to skip quarantine procedures because the Anesidora have discovered the Nostromo flight recorder and it means a cut of the reward for the station's crew. 
- November 13th: Dr. Lingard uploads a video log stating the Alien Facehugger parasite has done something to patient zero, Marlow's wife. 
- November 14th: An Alien Chestburster hatches from C. Foster, killing her. Dr. Lingard signs her death certificate and cites her cause of death as classified. Marshal Waits and his men starts to hunt the creature with the intention of killing it. With the Xenomorph killing people, Seegson Corporation puts the station up for sale, making sure possible buyers know nothing about the situation aboard. 
- November 21st: Weyland-Yutani purchased the Sevastopol Station and sent APOLLO new operational directives, including Special Order 939. 
- Unknown date: Civilian engineer Amanda Ripley, daughter of Lieutenant Ellen Ripley, encounters an Alien at Sevastopol Station. 
- 2157 AD
- Unknown date: Hadley's Hope, a Weyland-Yutani terraforming colony, is established on Acheron LV-426. 
- 2159 AD
- Unknown date: An Alien outbreak occurs on planet LV-178 when trimonite miners unearth a Drukathi ship housing Alien Ovomorphs. The Narcissus, guided by the preserved consciousness of Ash, docks with the mining vessel Marion in an effort to obtain a living sample of the species to complete Special Order 937. Ellen Ripley helps the surviving miners gather supplies to get them away from LV-178 aboard the Marion, but all except Ripley and Chris "Hoop" Hooper survive. Ripley is safely sent away aboard the Narcissus with her memory of the experience wiped, while Hoop escapes on a second vessel with a slimmer chance of rescue. 
- 2165 AD
- Unknown date: The Tientsin (Eta Boötis A III) campaign is fought by the U.S. Colonial Marines with a strength of 240,000 marines at the end of the campaign. 
- 2169 AD
- Unknown date: The Marine 70 program is established late 2169 or early 2170 with the abandonment of the "triangular" system for a "pair" or "buddy" system, allowing more mobile and fast operations with "faster and meaner" teams. These changes include the use of two pair teams, one smartgun team and one rifle team, as well as the use of the UD4-L gunship and the introduction of the M577 APC. 
- Unknown date: The M41A Pulse Rifle enters into service as a standard rifle. 
- 2171 AD
- Unknown date: The Bishop AP model is introduced, designed by Michael Bishop Weyland in the likeness of Charles Bishop Weyland, the original founder of Weyland Industries who discovered an ancient pyramid of tremendous importance on Bouvet island, Antarctica, and met his fate in the same location. 
- 2176 AD
- Unknown date: Colonel James Mortimer of the USASF, holds a STARTAC introductory seminar at the USCM staff college. 
- 2179 AD
- Unknown date: The Narcissus is discovered floating in space 57 years later, and Ellen Ripley is brought to a medical space station orbiting Earth, where she's offered and accepts to follow a team of US Colonial Marines aboard the USS Sulaco on a mission to eradicate the Aliens attacking a Weyland-Yutani colony on Acheron LV-426, eventually discovering a 12-year-old girl named Newt as the sole survivor who helps them navigate the location. Weyland-Yutani, represented by Carter Burke, is revealed to be attempting to acquire specimens of these Aliens. Eventually, Ripley, Newt, Corporal Hicks, and android Bishop escapes the colony before it's destroyed in a nuclear explosion, seemingly eliminating the Aliens and the recently discovered Alien Queen, only to find the Alien Queen having been brought back to the Sulaco where Ripley battles it with a Power Loader and ejects it into space. Ripley and the survivors subsequently enters cryosleep. 
- Unknown date: An Alien Ovomorph left on board the Sulaco causes the fire-detection system to place Ripley and the survivors of the LV-426 incident to be placed into an escape pod which crashes on prison planet Fiorina "Fury" 161, leaving Ripley as the sole survivor. She finds herself trying to eliminate an Alien set loose in the prison compound while being discovered to contain an Alien Queen embryo in her chest. Weyland-Yutani representatives, including Michael Bishop Weyland, arrives on the planet to collect the Alien specimens, only to find the Alien has been killed and Ripley ends up sacrificing herself in molten lead to stop the company from acquiring the Aliens. 
- August 12th: An unnamed colonel blames Michael Bishop Weyland for the loss of the Sulaco and offers Weyland his help for a price. Space Command at O'Niell Station detects an unknown mass in the Zeta 2 Reticuli system and eventually identifies it as the Sulaco. 
- September 5th: The Weyland-Yutani office on Gateway Station are made aware of the death of Carter Burke during the events at Acheron LV-426, as no data was recovered and the Bioweapons Division has the situation locked, and a briefing is made to discuss all the events back to 2122. 
- September 11th: Weyland-Yutani dispatch an extraction team to the coordinates of the Engineer Juggernaut spaceship dubbed "the Derelict" on Acheron LV-426 and begin searching for it. Seiji Tanaka is in charge of the search party aboard of the Weyland-Yutani spacecraft Shinyo Maru. 
- September 15th: The crew aboard the Shinyo Maru rediscover the Engineer Juggernaut spaceship dubbed "the Derelict" on Acheron LV-426 and recovers two Alien Ovomorphs for their Science Division, after which the Origin facility is established. 
- Unknown date: The USS Sephora boards the USS Sulaco, dispatched to Acheron LV-426 17 weeks earlier, as a result of them responding to a distress call from Corporal Hicks and eventually ends up crashing to the surface of the terraformed moon with a battalion sized force. 
- 2202 AD
- Unknown date: United Americas, EU/UK, China, Heelal Yo, and four independent Core System colonies form the United Systems. 
- 2219 AD
- Unknown date: Weyland-Yutani engine core spacecraft the Geryon, transporting the command ship, the Helios, the salvage ship, the Kadmos, and the Perses, leaves for LV-223 on a mission to search for the missing Prometheus spacecraft, with Captain Angela Foster intending to finish the mission of the late Sir Peter Weyland. 
- 2220 AD
- Unknown date: Colonial Marines on the planet Tartarus battle extraterrestrial hunters over the possession of a mysterious horseshoe-shaped spaceship of unknown origin. The Weyland-Yutani rep wants the ship, and the marine captain wants to protect her crew. 
- 2226 AD
- Unknown date: United Systems Military is established. 
- 2291 AD
- Unknown date: Weyland-Yutani colony at Nu Indi successfully sues for independence. 
- 2293 AD
- Unknown date: Rival company Ridton markets advanced FTL drive; Weyland-Yutani loses USM contract for FTL vessels. 
- 2306 AD
- Unknown date: Artificial Persons from the Alethea Collective are granted civil rights; all cybernetics divisions suffer financial loss. 
- 2349 AD
- Unknown date: Megacorporations are banned; Weyland-Yutani loses final appeal to retain designation three years later. 
- 2356 AD
- Unknown date: DNA samples from an Alien-implanted human (Ellen Ripley) are rediscovered by the USM. 
- 2376 AD
- Unknown date: The first auton is manufactured, an android designed by androids. 
- 2379 AD
- Unknown date: Following a violent uprising on Luna/AE, autons are recalled and destroyed. 
- 2381 AD
- Unknown date: A clone of Ellen Ripley, dubbed Ripley 8, is produced on the military spacecraft USM Auriga through DNA left on Fiorina 161, and a new breed of Aliens are consequently produced through hosts provided by a crew of mercenaries, including the auton named Call, on board a spaceship named the Betty. Ripley 8 and the remaining survivors escape on the Betty, along with a Newborn Alien which is soon killed off, as the Auriga crashes down to Earth, destroying all the Aliens. 
- Predator 2 (1990), feature film
- Predator: 1718 (1996), comic book
- Alien vs. Predator - Unrated Edition (2004), home video
- Alien vs. Predator (2004), novel
- Predator: Concrete Jungle (2005), video game
- Alien 3 (1992), feature film
- Predator (1987), feature film
- Weyland Industries Corporate Timeline
- Alien vs. Predator (2004), feature film
- Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem (2007), feature film
- Predators (2010), feature film
- The Predator (2018), feature film
- Alien - Special Edition (1979), home video
- Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report (2016), book
- Prometheus (2012), feature film
- Aliens: Colonial Marines Technical Manual (2012), book
- Alien: Covenant (2017), feature film
- Aliens: Apocalypse (1999), comic book
- Predator: Forever Midnight (2006), novel
- Alien: Isolation (2014), video game
- Alien (1979), feature film
- Alien: Out of the Shadows (2014), novel
- Aliens (1986), feature film
- Aliens: Colonial Marines (2013), video game
- Prometheus: Fire and Stone (2014), comic book
- Aliens: Fire and Stone (2014), comic book
- Alien vs. Predator: Fire and Stone (2014-2015), comic book
- Predator: Fire and Stone (2014-2015), comic book
- Prometheus: Fire and Stone - Omega (2015), comic book
- Predator: Life and Death (2016), comic book
- Prometheus: Life and Death (2016), comic book
- Aliens: Life and Death (2016), comic book
- Alien vs. Predator: Life and Death (2017), comic book
- Prometheus: Life and Death - Final Conflict (2017), comic book
- Alien Resurrection (1997), feature film
[EVENT] Founding of the Bayern Erste Organisation
Having been created earlier this year from a split off of other parties and since then worked alongside the US occupation forces and the regional government being setup in bavaria to help rebuild the region the party has chosen to fully fledged itself out and begin to help the people of bavaria fully and effectively rebuild the great land in which they live in. Many hardships exist in Bavaria but during this time it's required that they be tackled head on! And so with this in mind the party has opted to function as more than just a party but as well as an organization for the benefit of Bavaria, with the goal to protect,rebuild,educate and improve the region to the best of its ability. Thus the Bavarian First Organization is to be founded with the following things falling under it. submitted by WilliamH2529 to ColdWarPowers [link] [comments]
The Bayern erste Organisation
The BEO for short will be the all encompassing organization where funds will be distributed and controlled by a central committee for the use of distributing it to the rest of the programs and projects setup by BEO, as well as this some programs may garner more funds than others so the goal will be to have all programs which garner extra funds be sent back to the BEO to be used to help others which are more lacking and in need of funds. Even with this BEO will primarily rely on donations from citizens of Bavaria as well as working with companies located within Bavaria to have them join and support the companies’ goals. Such as BMW which in order to gain their support a project has been initiated by BEO members to help get BMW up and working again and have it become a BEO affiliated company in exchange where they will make annual donations to the organization in order to help the community they are so proud of that they even named themselves after. Thus the whole goal of BEO is to coordinate all things Involving the Bavaria movement and lead the place to a new future.
The Bayern Party:
Already founded at the start of the year the Bavaria party has but one goal, to work towards the independence of Bavaria and improve the region. With them having gotten a small amount of delegates in the latest election due to being created so late not much can be done with them for now so for the time being the party will work to just campaign and raise support among the Bavarian people for the future elections to come. In accordance with this any citizen of Bavaria will be encouraged by the whole organization to join the Bayern party and to work to help the politicians garner more support and get into office. Bavaria has 8,300,000 people, it deserves a voice and should be treated as important as it truly is. Along with this the Party has a wide array of political positions ranging from far rights, to social democrats, to centrists, but a large majority of them harbor monarchist leanings. This has only been bolstered by the current claimant to the throne Rupprecht Von Wittelsbach’s endorsement of the party. As well as bolstering monarchist power in the party it helped to gain the party a strong base of support among those who remember a time when bavaria was free, when bavaria was under the wittelsbachs, and when bavaria was truly great. Many who wish to return to this and have done nothing but suffer under the yolk of prussian and german oppression. While time will tell how the Bayern party fairs in the future elections one thing is for sure that the party will do its best to help the people of Bavaria as far as the government goes. With their mission being to help the people via the government while the rest of the organization helps in other ways.
The Bayerische Garde
Since the fall of nazi germany the region of bavaria has been left being policed almost exclusively by US forces, while this has worked its obvious of the problems with frankly the Americans not speaking the language. So in order to both help the Bavarian people and facilitate the safety of the region the Bayerische Garde is to be founded, a private police organization that will exist within bavaria. The organization will work by allowing citizens or neighborhoods to request the services of the organization by paying an annual fee upon which the organization will patrol the neighborhoods or homes, keep them safe, help the community by protecting shops, or anything along those lines. As well as this the organization will offer private detective work from some of its members and security work for any important events or individuals in Bavaria or require it and are willing to pay. With thousands of bavarian citizens returning after being forcibly conscripted into the war this organization will also work as a way to give more work to the citizens of Bavaria and help them improve not only their own lives through work but the lives of Bavaria’s citizens through keeping them safe, and protecting them from dangers. For the time being the organization will consist of 5,000 individuals and these individuals will be recruited from veterans of the war and former police officers of the nation. Those who are from Bavaria primarily. As a secondary goal this organization being attached to BEO will work to show the people of Bavaria that they don’t need Germany and can function just fine on their own, with the people being able to effectively police themselves just fine. Individuals will be made sure they know how to shoot a rifle, how to shoot a pistol, have investigative skills, and how to maintain their composure in stressful situations. Hopefully the Bayerische Garde can help the communities all over Bavaria!
Bayerische Entwicklungs Gilde:
Or the Bavarian Development Guild is the section of the BEO dedicated to rebuilding and developing Bavaria, with funds being allocated from the rest of the organization to this section the mission of it will be the rebuilding and improving of bavaria. Following the wars Bavaria has been left war torn and in need of rebuilding. Thus it's obvious what must be done. Firstly the organization will have a primary focus on rebuilding the homes of those destroyed in the war. With the people coming first construction workers will be hired to work for the company and provide more permanent jobs for these construction workers. As well as volunteer work in order for the section to make money if any large company wishes to contract their services they are able to do as long as they pay a reasonable sum for the work that is used. The Secondary focus is the rebuildings of businesses and companies, places like BMW have suffered under allied bombing campaigns and thus need to be rebuilt to help bring more jobs to Bavaria and keep the region as amazing as it once was. So to facilitate this the guild will willingly help them rebuild certain key parts free of charge in order to get the company up and running again, the same will be provided to other major companies. Its hoped the construction section of BEO can help garner support for the Bavarian movement by showing them that Bavaria can rebuild itself and while outside aid is helpful it's not needed nor required. Thus BEO will have a whole construction company within its ranks.
The Bavarian youth league has been created with the purpose of enriching the lives of the youth of Bavaria, a similar organization having been offered by those in the Soviet zone but ultimately rejected by officials; it has been seen as an opportunity to create a local organization for Bavaria's youth to improve themselves. The Bavarian youth league will be a free voluntary organization that anyone from ages of 10-17 can join and be in, the organization will be split into two sections, a male and female section so as to keep any fraternizing from occurring but allow both sexes to enjoy the benefits of the league. The League will offer the following activities for those who join.
Teaching Survival skills
Education about Bavaria
Teaching Self Defense
teaching social skills
Working with Wildlife
How to be a good citizen
And cleaning skills
The Goal is to both help entertain and develop the minds of Bavaria's youth, a person's most formative time is in childhood and thus they must be constantly stimulated. With school currently hard to come by as well the organization will act as a body for children to socialize and interact with others of their age, while it will receive funding from the whole organization as well as donations it will to garner funding through fundraisers and other such events to be decided. Modeled after the boy scouts in the USA it’s a hope that the Bavarian youth league can help create a new generation of independent and strong citizens of bavaria.
Historische Gesellschaft Bayerns:
The Historical Society of Bavaria is more a way to preserve Bavarian culture rather than improve the lives of people of Bavaria directly, for years the people of Bavaria had been oppressed by the prussian culture of Berlin. In order to prevent this from ever taking place again in the future the HGB has opted to do its best to preserve both bavarian traditions, and bavarian historical sites. Such as the castles that dot Bavaria or the unique culture that has developed over the years. As well as this a fun little event section of the society will be created where retired veterans can serve in the Königliche Armee Bayerns.
The Königliche Armee Bayerns or Royal army of Bavaria will be a purely ceremonial army that is to work in tandem with the wittelsbach family to help promote bavarian traditions, 2,500 personnel are to be recruited from bavarian veterans for this where they will be trained in the following for parades and for showcase. The goal of this army is to remember back into the past when Bavaria even within the german empire had its own army under the control of the wittelsbachs. While the wittelsbachs are officially the General of the army in truth this is purely ceremonial.
The Armee will be trained to conduct drill, shoot rifles, horsemanship and the works. In order to show that this army is purely traditional the equipment of the soldier will be the following.
1xMauser Model 1871 Rifle
1x German Sabre
1x the Bavarian Blue and Red uniform Bavaria had in 1866
As well as this every soldier will be given a horse as the goal is to have cavalry for parades and such. So while historical monuments will be preserved as well as age old traditions, it’s hoped to be able to preserve the power that Bavaria once had as an independent nation using the Königliche Armee Bayern, a purely ceremonial army with no true formal training aside from parade use.
So for the time being BEO will be created and work to get these sections of it fully setup and in full swing. More sections of BEO may pop up in the future but for the time being this is what they have and will hopefully work toward the further bavarization of bavaria itself and to increase the amount of bavaria within bavaria because bavaria is bavaria bavaria bavaria? Bavaria, Bavaria bav bav aria Bavaria BAV BAV BARIAVA BAVARIAN BAVARIA.
A List of Sidehustle Ideas from SidehustleSchool.Com
submitted by 1913intel to sidehustle [link] [comments]
[More ideas in the comments below too.]
- "Cheap Plane Tickets" Site Becomes Million-Dollar Hustle ...
- $10,000 Side Hustle Helps Musician Land Full-Time Job ...
- 13-Year-Old Australian Creates Schoolyard Lollipop Fortune ...
- 23-Year-Old College Student Uses “Sweatcoin” App to Earn ...
- 3D Printing Brings Cosplay Into 21st Century
- A Life of Travel Leads to a House-Designing Hustle
- A Packed Closet Leads to Secondhand Subscription Boxes ...
- Academic Advisor Creates Profitable Karaoke League
- Accidental Side Hustle Becomes Decorative Family Business ...
- Accountant Earns $233751 Reselling Items He Buys at Walmart
- Acrobatic Mom Jumps Through Hoops to Become High-flying ...
- Active “Type 1” Lifestyle Inspires Sticky, Successful Side Hustle
- Actress Becomes Organizational Director of Organization ...
- Aerospace Apprentice Soars to Seven-Figure Sales Heights ...
- Alcohol Fueled Idea Sells Over 1500 Shirts in Less Than a Year
- An Everyday Bag That Gives Back to Women in India
- Art Teacher Draws Her Way Into Ceramic Shop
- Artistic Cartographer Maps Out Successful Side Hustle
- Artistic Duo Sells 8000 T-Shirts in One Year
- Aussie Engineer Moves to Farm, Earns Passive Income
- Aussie Stretches Out with Online Store for Tall Women
- Aussie Student Starts Million-Dollar Bikini Biz
- Australian Hacker Creates Passive Income Anatomy Course ...
- Auto Employee Earns $100,000 Selling Stickers on Instagram ...
- Avid Travelers Turn Finding Deals Into Vacation Planning ...
- Bargain Hunter Designs One-of-a-Kind Flea Market
- Bartender Brews Up Brewpub Tour Biz
- Bass Player Starts BassLayerz Clothing Hustle
- Bean-Lover Grinds Way To $4,000/Month Family Coffee ...
- Bearded Man Grows $500 A Month Grooming Business
- Bearded Man from Finland Cashes In on Holiday Cheer
- Beekeepers Build Buzzing Backyard Business
- Birds of a Feather Flock to Your Bank Account
- Bitcoin YouTuber Earns Thousands in Affiliate Commissions ...
- Blogger Earns $140,000 from Beta Phase of Online Course ...
- Blogger Turns Leftover Cherries Into $5,000/Month Income ...
- Boy Scout Merit Badge Leads to Leatherworking Lifestyle ...
- Bring Your Own Cannabis to this “420-Friendly” Painting Class
- British Pub Manager Bakes Pork Pies for Profit
- Brooklyn Photographer Gets Paid to Throw Confetti at People ...
- Business Students Make $125,000 Selling Headphone ...
- Busy Marketing Professional Fills Niche with Biking Wine Tours
- CLASSROOM: Four Ways to Identify Moneymaking Ideas ...
- CLASSROOM: Goals, Agenda, and Your First Assignment ...
- Call Center Employee Uses Patreon to Fund LGBTQ Podcasts ...
- Canadian Moms Invent Baby Monitors for Active Toddlers ...
- Canadian Sports Enthusiast Earns $1,000/Month Selling ...
- Car Enthusiast Races Towards Reselling Success
- Cat Lover Creates Cat-tivating Portrait Series
- Catholic Designer Creates Stylish Apparel Line
- Childhood Game Master Earns $1 Million from Nerdy ...
- Coffee for Firefighters Brings the Heat!
- College Ministry Leader Starts Digital Agency
- Colorado Nutritionist Reworks Role to Get Paid Twice
- Comic Book Curator Creates Custom Crate Subscription ...
- Continuing Education Directory Earns Six Figures
- Copywriter Carves 140 Characters into $50,000 in Cash
- Corporate Employee Makes $350,000 Selling Mosquito ...
- Coupon Code Site Earns Copious Profits
- Crafter's Shop for Dreadlock Wearers Unlocks $3,500/Month ...
- Creative Illustrator Creates Creative Podcast for Creatives ...
- Curated Gift Boxes for Breakups and Baby Bumps
- Data Geek Charts Course From Analyst to Author
- Data Scientist Turns Teaching Frustrations Into Recurring ...
- Designer Earns Extra $5000/Month Posting Logos on Instagram
- Designer Illustrates Success with Personalized Wedding ...
- Designer Performs Magic, Turns Dream Into Reality
- Designer Turns Bad Parking Into $25,000 Per Year
- Detroit Women Make Jewelry for Profit and Social Good
- Digital Camera Blogger Snaps Into Passive Income
- Distracted Coach Creates Accountability Software
- Dog Stocking Hustle Earns Husky Payoff
- Dutch Personal Shopping Service for Kids Measures Up
- EXTENDED CUT #13: When to Let Go of Good Ideas
- EXTENDED CUT #14: Start a Service Business in Less Than ...
- EXTENDED CUT #5: How to Choose Between Multiple Ideas ...
- Electrical Engineer Becomes Romance Novel Cover Model ...
- Electrical Engineer Sells $800 Swarovski Crystal Bikinis
- Elementary School Teacher Pans for Gold in New Zealand ...
- Engineer Codes His Way To $3,700 Per Month
- Engineer Earns 7-Figures from “Crowd-Purchasing” Project ...
- Engineer Makes $64000 Selling Nerdy Playing Cards on Reddit
- Engineer Reprograms Herself, Finds Confidence to Start Over ...
- Enjoy an Ice Cold Beverage in a Mug Made from Ice
- Equine Lover Makes $5,000; Stables Business to Change ...
- Exercise App Encourages Fitness While Helping Sick Kids ...
- Farmer Makes “Tater Tats” for All Your Produce Tattoo Needs ...
- Fashion Buyer Creates Quirky Comfort Craze
- Father and Son Duo Produce Traveling Play
- Faux Taxidermy Turns Heads on Home Decor
- Fidget Spinner Cookie Sensation Leads to Sweet Profits
- Finance Guy Makes Bank With Swimsuit Line | Side Hustle ...
- Firefighter Uses Chainsaw for Jumbo-Sized Woodworking ...
- Flipping 101: The College Textbook Edition
- Florist & Sculpture Professor Make Presidential Lip Balm ...
- Foreign Correspondent Launches Career App
- Former NFL Player Sells Ice Shakers for $20000/Month Income
- Freelancer Starts New Hustle to Help Frustrated Clients
- Friends Foster Korean Face Mask Frenzy
- Friends Team Up to Deliver Compassionate Tech Support ...
- Friends Turn Gift Boxes into Prosperous Project
- Frustrated Mom Grows Hair Brush Hustle to Seven Figures ...
- Full-Time Mom Ships $35,000/Month in Frozen Bread on ...
- Gamer Levels Up Life With eBay Side Hustle
- German Funeral Urns Are Not a Dying Business
- Guitar Builder Carves Out Woodworking Moneymaker
- Guitar Teacher Sells Lessons on Craigslist and Makes $80/Hour
- Hair Salon Owner Designs Mittens for Cold Runners
- Hand Grippers Make for a $60,000-Strong Hustle
- Hand Lettering Artist Upgrades Cheesy Photo Booth Props ...
- Handkerchief Side Hustle Becomes Million-Dollar Blowout ...
- Harvard Med School Program Manager Gets Paid to Travel to ...
- Health Scare Inspires Adventurous Career Change
- High School Bootlegger Grows Up
- High School Teacher Spins His Way to Profits
- High School Teacher Turns Woodworking Hobby Into a 5 ...
- Honeymoon in Nepal Becomes Fashion Accessories Business
- Husband and Wife Team Pampers Their Way To Profit
- Insomniac Dreams Up Herbal Hustle
- Insult This! Witty Event Organizer Prepares You to Respond to ...
- Introvert Builds Networking Experience to Help Women
- Jailhouse Medic Turns House Calls Into Healthy Profits | Side ...
- Japanese Designer Folds Profitable Paper Wallets
- Jiu-Jitsu Instructor Pins Down Mobile Workout Tool
- Job Recruiter Helps LinkedIn Connections with Resumes ...
- Junk Removal Service Owner Earns $22,000 A Year From ...
- Kids' Books Prove To Be More Than Child's Play
- Kiwi Coder Makes Extra $50000/Year from Virtual Paintbrushes
- LA Graphic Designer Influences Influencers
- Lawyer Moonlights as Needle-Felt Children's Book Author ...
- Left-Handed Artist Creates Right-Brained Side Hustle
- Librarian Invents Eco-Friendly Dental Floss
- Lifelong Girl Scout Earns Her Side Hustle Badge (And $3,500 ...
- London Chocolate Tours Lead to Sweet Success
- London Clerk Hires Ghosts to Visit Boss, Earns Passive Income
- London Photographer Rents Camera Gear 1,100 Times
- Lost & Found: How Lost Property Helps a UK Woman Find Her ...
- Maine Couple Bootstraps Boutique Fitness Studio
- Make $4,000/Month Renting Out Cars You Don't Own
- Man Buys 100 Animal Skulls from Bali; Turns $10,000 Into ...
- Man Earns $100,000 Serving Clients on $5 Website
- Man Earns $85000 Promoting Mexican Avocados on Snapchat
- Marathon Runner Earns Full-Time Income Trying On Shoes ...
- Marketing Consultant Creates Private Retreats
- Marketing Professional Produces Giant Puppet Performances ...
- Marriage Inspires Theatre Captioning App & Service
- Mental Health Counselor By Day, Headband Artist by Night ...
- Millennial Invests Side Income For Passive Profits
- Mindful Moms Make $70,000 on Family Affirmation Cards ...
- Mindreading Performer Goes from Dorm Room to Paid ...
- Miniature Dollhouse Website Pays Full-Size Profits
- Mom Finds Love As Dating App Ghostwriter
- Money Grows on Moringa Trees
- Moonlighting Makeup Artist Earns Extra $25,000/Year | Side ...
- Movie Editor Turns 19th Century Art Into Full-Time Job
- Multiple-Use Plastics Take Big Bite for the Environment
- Museum Educator Improvises From Day Job to Side Hustle ...
- Music Graduate Makes Spare Change Filling Spare Rooms ...
- Musician Turns Drum Lessons Into Six-Figure Podcast
- NYC Banker Launches All-Natural, Drinkable Pickle Brine ...
- Nature-Loving Neighbors Create Kids Subscription Box
- Networking Success Is Served with a Side of Eggs
- New Jersey Blog Earns Six-Figure Income
- New Mom Recruits 3,000 Chinese Caregivers
- New Mom Uses Pinterest to Launch Parenting Blog
- New Mother Gives Life To Self-Care Coaching Business
- New Yorker Covers Up With Comfy Underwear Line
- No Guts, No Gory: The Hollywood Mom & Pop Prop Shop ...
- Nomad Family Cooks Up $40,000 Profit With Houseware ...
- Nomadic Designer Profits from Writing About Life in a Bag ...
- Oh Snap! Photography Site Turns Into Passive Income Hustle ...
- Oklahoman Spreads Light, Sells Candles, and Shares Profits ...
- On-the-Go Mouthwash Gets Mini-Makeover
- One Man's Trashed Mash is Another Man's Cash
- Operations Manager Manages to Make Heavy Furniture Light ...
- Organic Loungewear Becomes Sleeper Sensation
- Orthodontist Bites Off Solution to Teeth-Pulling Problem
- Outdoorsman Sees the Forest for the Trees, Finds Financial ...
- Outsource Date Night With This Sexy Side Hustle
- PE Teacher Makes $11,000 with Membership Site
- PE Teacher Resells Concert Tickets, Earns $12,000/Month ...
- Paralegal Takes Flight with Remote Work
- Paternal Twins Produce Passive Publishing Profits
- Pathetic Triathlete Creates $30,000 Facebook Group
- Pay Off Student Loans With Your Spare Change
- Philadelphia Foodie Toasts Competition with Sweet Treat ...
- Philadelphia Lover Maps Out $35,000/Year Side Hustle
- Photographer Visits 30 Countries, Leading Tours & Getting Paid
- Physical Therapist Sells 57,000 “Neck Hammocks”
- Physician Assistant Earns $12,000 In 10 Months Coaching ...
- Police Officer Funnels Frustration Into Six-Figure Hustle
- Policy Researcher Offers Private Tours of Nation's Capital ...
- Popular Instagram Account Becomes Fashionable Clothing ...
- Pottery Barn Commissions Art from Independent Photographer
- Proud Mainer Brings Whoopie Pies to the World
- Public Health Employee Earns Extra $2,000/Month with ...
- Published Author Adds Income Source; Makes Additional ...
- Put a Cap in It: Architect Makes the Write Choice; Starts Luxury ...
- Q&A: How can I inspire a “Must-Have-This” service?
- Q&A: How can I turn furniture repair into passive income ...
- Q&A: Is it still possible to profit from a blog?
- Q&A: What are your best tips for Etsy?
- Q&A: When should I start posting on social media?
- Rehearsal App for Actors Earns $500,000
- Resistance Is Futile! Brooklyn Fitness Fanatics Sell “No Days ...
- Role-Playing Pastor Rolls The Dice On $2800/Month Hustle ...
- Romance Novel Expert Teaches Proofreading for $2000/Month
- Sales Rep Seasons the Day with “Bad Spanish Tacos”
- Savvy Bride Turns Budget Wedding Into Six Figure Success ...
- Savvy Sleeper Pillowcases Produce Dreamy Profits for Tech ...
- Savvy Stationery Site Offers Cards for Divorce & Diwali
- Seattle Developer Takes Flight With Popular Travel Site
- Second Grade Teacher Earns Second Income
- Serial Business Builder Creates Digital Checklist Tool
- Should I hire a lawyer and get a patent?
- Side Hustle Turned Full-Time Job Disrupts Car Rental Industry ...
- Sisters Find Puppy Love After Launching Dating App
- Social Worker Bakes Cupcakes for The Walking Dead
- Software Engineer Scavenges For Profits
- South African Writer Launches Accidental Acting Career
- South Carolina Man Learns to Make Candles by Watching ...
- Speech Pathologist Sells Turkish Tea Towels By the Seashore ...
- Sports Writer Wins Big Gambling On His Own Book
- Squeaky Clean Couple Raise the Bar with Online Soap Sales ...
- Store Manager Makes Micro Gainz For Macro Profits
- Stressed-Out Mom Gives Up TV to Launch Her Hustle
- Student Bytes Into Lucrative Web Host Biz
- Student Gets Paid to Help People Rent Adventures
- Stylish Clothes Reseller Becomes Fashion Consultant
- Super Fan Scores Big in the Football Community
- Tailor-Made Teas Brew Steamy Steeped-In Profits
- Teacher Hustles to Pay Off $100,000 in Student Loans
- Tech Broker Moonlights as Luxury Lifestyle Artist
- Teenage Fitness Fan Jumpstarts Athletic Apparel Brand
- Tennessean Meets Nepalese Sherpa on Lyft Ride, Sells ...
- Texas Couple Turns Test Scores Into Treasure
- That's the Spot! Dog Lover's Hustle Becomes Fur-ever Biz ...
- The 10-Year Quest for Must-Have Mustard
- The Battle of the New Zealand SpeedCubers
- The Hero's Journal Helps You Make Progress Toward Your ...
- The Paleo Bagel: No Wheat, No Worries
- The Rise and Fall of BirdSupplies.com
- The Sisterhood of the Traveling Digital Nomads
- The Snuggle Is Real: Architect Moonlights by Selling Designer ...
- Think Like a Lawyer: An Underground School For Lifelong ...
- This Standing Desk Costs Just $37
- Toronto Startup Employee Bakes Custom Cakes
- Tote-ally Functional Bags for Women on the Go
- Trip to Europe Inspires Adventurous Blanket Biz
- Turn It Up to 11! Musical Mash-Ups Provide Passive Income ...
- Tuscan Vacation Inspires Leatherworking Hustle
- Twelve Months of Experiments Leads Coach to Clarity
- Two Women Create Swimwear Brand for D-Cups and Up ...
- Un-Tours Of Myanmar Offer Adventure and Unpredictability ...
- University Director Turns Draining Problem Into Profitable ...
- Vegan Food Lovers Sprout Plant-Based Festivals
- Vintage Clothing Shop Sells Retro Jeans for Modern Money ...
- WEEKLY RECAP: 3 Priorities to Keep You Focused
- WEEKLY RECAP: All the Things You Want to Do
- WEEKLY RECAP: Barking Up the Right Tree
- WEEKLY RECAP: Before Beginning, Prepare Carefully
- WEEKLY RECAP: Do You Have to Be Passionate About What ...
- WEEKLY RECAP: Does Your Idea Pass the Grandmother Test ...
- WEEKLY RECAP: Going from Hobby to Hustle
- WEEKLY RECAP: Government Shuts Down, Your Life ...
- WEEKLY RECAP: Health Coaches May Need to Be Certified ...
- WEEKLY RECAP: How to Design a Profitable Online Course ...
- WEEKLY RECAP: If You Ever Feel Insecure, Don't Miss This ...
- WEEKLY RECAP: Keeping Up With What Matters
- WEEKLY RECAP: Pay Attention to the Ideas In Your Head ...
- WEEKLY RECAP: Scavenger Hunts, Bow Ties, & Horses ...
- WEEKLY RECAP: The $0 Startup, Sign Hustles, and Ways to ...
- WEEKLY RECAP: The Conversion Problem
- WEEKLY RECAP: Tiny Houses, T-Shirts, and Romance Novels
- WEEKLY RECAP: Understand Your Ideal Working Conditions ...
- WEEKLY RECAP: What Prevents You From Making Progress ...
- WEEKLY RECAP: Why Do a Product Launch Only Twice a ...
- WEEKLY RECAP: Why You Should “Return Every Handshake ...
- Wedding App Founder Exchanges Vows for Coding Book Biz ...
- Wedding Bells Ring Brighter if the Bride's Not Broke
- Weekend “Book Registry” Site Earns Passive Income from ...
- Weekly Recap: All You Need Is Luck and a Million Dollars ...
- Weekly Recap: Don't Compete with Amazon
- Weekly Recap: Find a Community to Support Your Goals ...
- Weekly Recap: Food Trucks, YouTube Makeup, and Marijuana
- Weekly Recap: How to Identify Side Hustle Ideas in Your ...
- Weekly Recap: How to Stop Procrastinating (Really!)
- Weekly Recap: Making Time for What Matters
- Weekly Recap: Should You Ever Buy Someone Else's ...
- Weekly Recap: Starting a Coffee Delivery Service
- Weekly Recap: Starting and Ending a Seasonal Side Hustle ...
- Weekly Recap: Weekly Recap: Finding a “Hook” as a Dietitian ...
- Weekly Recap: What Kind of Profit Margin Should You Have ...
- Weekly Recap: Will People Pay for History Lessons?
- Weekly Recap: Winning the Side Hustle Lottery
- Weekly Recap: “This Time, It's Different”
- What's In the Box? Low-Carb, Low-Sugar Snacks
- When Fashion Flops, This Designer Follows a Shiny Object ...
- Yoga Enthusiast Stretches B-School Education Into Fair-Trade ...
- Yoga Teacher Cleans Up with Home Organizing Business ...
- Zombie Apocalypse Prevention Podcast Earns $200,000/Year ...
- “Bendy Straw” Idea Raises $1.8M on Kickstarter
- “Fun Guy” Becomes Spore-Adic Mushroom Farmer
- “Random Acts of Kindness” Project Earns Non-Random Cash ...
- “SwitchPod” Camera Tool Raises $415,748 on Kickstarter ...
- “Teachers Against Humanities” Card Deck Unites Educators ...
Meet Karen Elle the Fashion Mogul
submitted by MixxGlobalMedia to u/MixxGlobalMedia [link] [comments]
Through a modest beginning, Karen Elle started as a commercial print model that grew to an international fashion professional. Karen always had an eye for talent and was connecting many of them with agents and talent scouts. Until one day Karen Lee, a major agent at Elite New York told her she should develop models professionally. Karen never thought about making it a business, she decided to interview other agents and advertisement companies to see what they expected from her and models that she would recommend to them. Going directly to the source The Karen Elle Project a talent development program was created to open the doors properly to model hopefuls. As a mother agent or scout, she helped hundreds of models network get signed to agency and land many campaigns. It was very fulling to see others get to the next level. In addition to being a mother agent, Karen would still work major productions such as Victoria’s Secret and BET Rip the Runway shows, to stay connected and relevant to other industry professionals. It was always a good way to plug the models she was working with directly to industry professionals which keep The Karen Elle Project highly successful.
In 2017 the Karen Elle Project became privately shared and expanded to ten cities nationally and internationally. Now, with a major team, she was able to expand the talent division and have a creative division where she could focus on being an executive creative director. Her company employs over 200 people worldwide and worked with 1000’s of models. The fashion industry will always have Karen Elle’s heart, her spirit has always lead her to help and motivate others to be true to their talents and dreams. She always sees people's true potential and loves to inspire others through her motivational speaking engagements to starting transformational self-love retreats for young girls and teens.
Karen Elle writes her own script and in her own words “You are the director of your script you write your own story”. The chapters keep coming, stay tuned to what is next.
See her outstanding accomplishments and credentials below: Karen Elle’s Commercial Model credits:
Baby Model – Department Store Sears Brands: Osh Kosh B Gosh and Fisher-Price toys
Teen Model – Sears Department Stores, Retail Stores 357, Charlot Russe, H&M, Limited Brands, Clinique – Beauty brand
Adult Model – Brands: Piazzi Jeans, Damage jeans, Frederick of Hollywood, Venus Swim, Hawaiian Tropics, Forever21, Express, BEBE, BCBG, Estee Lauder – Beauty Brand Notable Industry Credits:
*20th Century Fox. Night of the Museum 3, Secret of the Tomb, NY Premiere Costume
*Warner Brothers - Great Gatsby, NY Premiere Costume Presentation
*Milena Canonero/Marie Annette Costumes, NY Presentation Persol Magnificent Obsessions exhibit
*Ferragamo Resort'2012 for Massimiliano Giornetti
* Gucci Men’s for O.C.C.
*Lemlem by Liya Kebede
*Phelan by Amanda Phelan
Shayne Oliver Hood by Air
Jason Wu for TSE
Kenzo Takada, for Humberto Leon & Carol Lim @ Opening Ceremony
NBA Legends Celebrity Golf Tournament
Nike Women 2014 Innovation Summit
Nike NFL Presentation 2012
Project Runaway (accessories All-Star Edition)
Willis and Walker Men’s for Marcraft
Alexander Wang, Diesel Black Gold, Essence Magazine, Mulberry,
Prada for OCC & Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute Mannequins, Photo Prep/Pinning& Styling
Alexander McQueen Truck Show for Olivier Rizzo 2009 - 2012
Mimi Plange with Manolo Blahnik 2012 - 2018
Nike NFL Display March 2012
Rachel Roy 2012
Rachel Zoe Show 2012
Worth Catalogue 2009 Collection Coordinators* & Showroom Dressers for Fittings & Special Presentations:
CHANEL 's Métiers d'Art 2014/15 Paris-Salzburg RTW NYC
Dior Cruise '15 - Raf Simons (& fashion presentation)
Helmut Lang Showroom 2006 - 2018
Hermes All About Women 2009 - 2019
Valentino by Pierpaolo Piccioli 2009 - 2018
CBS Fashion Rocks u/Barclay
Jason Wu Showroom & FW Presentation 2006 - 2018
Michael Kors FW Presentation 2009 - 2018
Isabel Toledo Retrospective/Noche de Moda
Alber Elbaz's for Lanvin 10 year anniversary @ Barneys
Sonia Rykiel showroom & presentation
Parsons MFA showroom
Zimmerman (sister’s Nicky and Simone) showroom
Kanye West – Yeezy FW Presentation 2016 -
Fenty FW Presentation 2018 to present
Backstage wardrobe Supervising & Dressing
New and Seasoned Fashion Designers for Fashion Week, Resort, Bridal Presentation Network/Production
Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show - 2006 – 2012 CBS Network
BET Rip the Runway – 2006 – 2009 BET Network Special Projects
Hottest Model Competition 2008 - 2012
International Discovery Retreats 2017 - present
Brunch with Karen Elle 2010 - present
Transformation Level-up Retreat for Entrepreneurs and CEO 2018 to present
Passport Photo Shoot Experience – 2006 - present
Feminine GLO Up Retreats 2017 - present Collaborations and Affiliates
Beauty Con LA and NY
Teen Vogue Summit
Fashion Mingle Awards, Associations, and Training
Beauty Control – Certified Image Consultant
Ground Crew NYC – Audrey Smaltz
National Women Association Award of Excellent 2008
The National Association for Female Executives
National Association of Professional Women
Association for Talent Development
Letter to my daughter or my reasonable expectations and why I left the church to my recently returned missionary.
Dear _____, submitted by Smellingnosedog to exmormon [link] [comments]
I started reading to you when you were still in utero. I put animal posters all over your room. They were the good posters with animal families and scientific names. You held your first snake when I knew you were old enough not to squeeze too hard. I’ve been trying to share my love of life, animals, and the universe with you since you entered this world. We’ve been on trips all over the mountains and I’ve tried to include you in all our adventures.
We brought you up in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We used to be able to say we raised you “Mormon”. You followed the example of your parents and served a mission. I left the church right after you got home. I waited so you wouldn’t have to process that while you were in another country. But now you have been back for several months and I think you are afraid to talk to me about it. You were taught to stay away from things that weren’t faith-promoting. I think that scares you. I owe it to you to tell you what happened and why I changed my mind even though your mom is still in.
I spent 44 years in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Then I left.
It was interesting to experience the range of reactions and assumptions that followed my leaving the church. Your mom had people break down in tears in front of her when they heard I was no longer affiliated with the church. There was an assumption that I cheated on her. There was an assumption that we were getting divorced. There was an assumption that I was not a faithful enough member of the church. My own mother repeated every church cliché I’ve ever heard. “Even the elect will be deceived.” “You just need to pray more, and read the Book of Mormon.” “Satan is after you.” “This is because you went to college.” Somehow, years of friendships and relationships devolved into assuming the worst about me.
We were told, as members of the church, that people who leave the church can’t leave it alone. My experience in leaving the church was that the church can’t leave you alone. I had an influx of people bringing baked goods and visiting the house who had not stopped by in years. Some people hadn’t been to our home in over a decade and decided to stop by. These were all well-meaning, but mostly unwanted visits. I was surprised that I wasn’t being asked, “Hey, I respect you, you are a semi-intelligent person, what did you find out? Why did you leave?” Instead, the most common sentiment is, “We miss you.” I didn’t move. I’m still here.
I did have some conversations with some people closer to me. Some of the more mind-blowing things that were said to me included, “I don’t care if Joseph had 100 wives,” and “I don’t care if the leaders were raping kittens.” In other words, there was no argument or thing that Joseph or the early church could have done that would change their opinions of the truthfulness of the gospel.
Your mom and I had two separate people, who volunteer at the temple, approach us. Each of them mentioned that they saw our names listed on the prayer rolls of the temple and wanted to know what was going on with our family. That felt like a violation. It felt offensive. I felt like boundaries were broken. Another member told me that there was a betting pool about when I would return to sacrament meeting. That made me laugh but was not offensive. Even my family thinks I will be back.
I feel inclined to write about why I left the church, to squelch some assumptions, and defend my faithfulness to you and my family.
My history with the church is a long one. My mom became a member when I was a baby. I grew up in the church and its culture. My father was not a member in my youth. I was baptized by my home-teacher at age 8. In the LDS church, you are ordained to the priesthood as a young man. I was a deacon at age 12. I was a teacher at age 14. I was an Eagle Scout at age 15. I was a priest at age 16. I had near perfect attendance in early morning seminary for four years. I was an Elder at age 19. I made my college baseball team but left on a church mission before the season started. I took out my endowments with my mom. I served a full-time 25-month mission and learned Russian. I was one of the hardest working missionaries in my mission. I served as the financial secretary, entrusted with over a quarter of a million dollars in two currencies over a four-month period. I met your mom in the missionary training center in Provo, Utah. She was going on a mission too. I married her in the temple, 6 months after returning home from the mission field. I was a virgin when I got married. I waited. They told me to. My favorite LDS church teaching was of eternal families and being sealed to my wife and children for time and all eternity. I made major life decisions based on that principle and the assumption that my church leaders were receiving revelation from God.
I gave up the second chance to play college baseball by accepting a calling as Scoutmaster a week after returning home from the mission (My Bishop asked me to work in Scouting. I thought that was God’s will for me because it came from my Bishop). I was literally serving for a full week at scout camp within a week or two of returning home from the mission field. I always considered that the best calling in the church. But I regret not getting a chance to play college baseball. It feels like I missed out on a shot that I can’t get back.
Your mom and I started a family as I worked full-time and attended college and fulfilled various callings. Brigham Young said you were a menace to society if you didn’t marry young. So, I married young. Other prophets said to not delay in having children. We had two children as I worked toward a bachelor’s degree. I graduated at 27, with a Bachelor of Science degree. I picked up a trade to support my family while attending college. I often worked 40-50 hours a week while attending school and serving in church callings. There were only a few hours left to sleep after attending classes in the morning and working late into the evening, putting my kids to bed, and studying Chemistry, Physiology, Physics, and Herpetology late into the night. I worked as hard as I could but came up short. I graduated with a 3.15 GPA. Not high enough to get into Veterinary school. So, I put that dream away. I would not become a Vet. I would not work with animals.
We bought a house a month after graduating with money we saved while I was in school, and we had our third child. I felt pressure from the church to have more kids. But your mom had hard pregnancies and we stopped after three. That is less looked down upon today than it was decades ago, but we still had a friend tell us she would send us over some quotes from prophets to help us be more faithful by having more children. The irony was that friend’s son was crawling in our fish tank in the other room as she told us to have more kids. That was funny.
I worked for other people for a couple more years and then started my own business. In the past 17 years, I have served in the church in many capacities without a break. I was the 11-year-old scout leader, the Scoutmaster, the Assistant Varsity Coach, the Cubmaster, the Cub Scout Committee Chair, the Boy Scout Committee Chair, a Boy Scout Committee member, an Assistant Ward Clerk over Membership, and an Executive Secretary to the Bishop. I spent much of my time off from work at scout camps and on campouts, running pinewood derbies, father-son rocket launches, and hosting Courts of Honor in my back yard. Even when it wasn’t my calling, and when I didn’t have a child in the program, I was often the second leader at campouts and at scout camp. I figured if I was working hard then I was being faithful. And faith without works was dead, so having lots of works should equal more faith. I thrived in the culture of overachieving and with a personal love of the outdoors, the Boy Scout program, the youth I served, the Church itself, and love for the Savior. We regularly prayed as a family and had almost perfect attendance to church on Sundays.
My personal business grew and then collapsed. Every lesson on tithing talked about paying tithing and unexpected checks appeared in the mail to cover expenses. I prayed that my business would work out. But I went bankrupt as a full tithe payer. We managed to keep our house and stay in our ward and neighborhood. I kept working.
Through all this I was in a happy bubble. I only read the books approved by the church. I didn’t look for information that would discredit my beliefs. I read the Book of Mormon ten plus times in English and a couple of times in Russian. I read the other standard works including every page of the Old Testament. I read commentaries about the Book of Mormon, but I never got into church history past the abbreviated version taught in Sunday School. But even as a member my entire life, having attended four years of early morning seminary, and serving a two-year mission, and attending multiple institute classes, and having been in Sunday School classes on various subjects for decades, I really knew nothing about the history of the church. But I didn’t know that. I was in a happy bubble. The thought of being sealed to my wife and my family for all eternity was the hook that kept me in the bubble. And I was too busy to research anything.
Then the bubble burst. I decided to deconstruct my beliefs. I quit refusing to look at the roots of the church. I wanted to know why the youth in Utah were so depressed and suicidal. Questions I had shelved for years weighed heavy on my mind. I realized many of my expectations for what was supposed to be the message of everlasting happiness were not being met. This led to my world view, and my view of eternity unraveling. Information, the internet, and losing my inhibitions changed my mind.
Some of my expectations that were not in line with my reality:
I expect members of the church to be the happiest on the planet. They have the message of happiness. They enjoy the gift of the Holy Ghost. They have eternal marriage. They have the priesthood and the literal power of God in their lives. Yet Utah has a high suicide and depression rate. Many youth and adults are unhappy and are on antidepressants. That does not square up with the teaching that “Men are that they might have joy.” Why would a loving God create a biological and emotional problems that seek to end life?
I expect members of the church to be the healthiest. I expect the state of Utah with its high Mormon population to have a higher life expectancy than the rest of the country and the world. They have the Word of Wisdom, God’s law of health. Yet Utah isn’t even in the top 10 states for life expectancy. I tipped the scales at 305 pounds as a member of the church. I was so busy helping everyone else that I did not have time to take care of myself. Interestingly, when at REI on a Sunday, everyone in the store was in good shape. They were not at church following the Word of Wisdom. But they were wise in how they took care of their bodies.
I expect to see more results from fasting/prayeand blessings. In my personal experience I have not seen these things help anyone past whatever comfort talking to visitors gives. It seems to be a placebo effect.
I expect to see more spiritual gifts. I worked with hundreds of other missionaries. I did not see the gift of tongues. I learned Russian very slowly. Some missionaries learned it faster, but not miraculously. The ones who learned it quickly were generally the 4.0 students who did really well on scholastic aptitude tests. They learned everything quickly. It took me longer. We learned as fast as you can while living in a country, immersed in the language.
I expect if the Stake President at a Stake meeting literally promises his congregation that their prayers that day will be answered, that they will in-fact be answered. I have had countless experiences with church leadership making promises that were ultimately unfulfilled.
I expect the Book of Mormon to have some archaeological proofs by now. We have construction all over this continent. Hundreds of millions of homes have had excavation around their property. If the Nephite army was similar in size to the Roman army, I would expect to see some major archaeological finds with direct links to things written in the Book of Mormon. Where is their currency? Why aren’t we finding their coins? Their swords? Remnants of a civilization of that size would be unmistakable.
I expect the Book of Mormon to be written better. Phrases like “It came to pass,” were used unsparingly. It made it easy to read in Russian, because of the repetition. I expect more information about the characters.
I expect the person who translated it to use the plates, not a rock in a hat. Why preserve the plates and not use them to make a translation? What were errors from the 1769 King James version of the bible, that Joseph Smith owned, doing in the Book of Mormon, including English words that were put in in the 1600’s to make the English more readable?
I expect the papyrus Joseph Smith used to translate the Book of Abraham to be an actual translation of the Book of Abraham. How can a translation be so far off from a prophet, seer, and revelator?
I expect a prophet to be accurate about the age of the earth. It is not 6,000 years old.
I expect a prophet, seer, and revelator, to give specific prophecy that can easily be verified when the prophecy comes to pass.
I expect evidence of a global flood to be seen in geology.
I expect DNA evidence for Native Americans to be descended from Israel.
I expect the church not to censor its teachings and history.
I expect the story of the first vision not to change. I expect the major characters of any story not to change. The headline should have been the same in every telling, “I saw God and Christ and they told me to restore the Gospel.”
I expect the members of the church and members of church leadership not to redefine words. “To Know” something in the church means something completely different from “knowing” outside of the church. “To gain a testimony by bearing testimony” does not make sense to me.
I expect God to expect me to use logic and reason at least in equal parts with feeling and experience. Why give me reasoning but expect me to disregard it? I would be disappointed in a child with great reasoning who did not utilize it.
I expect the church to spend equally on young men and young women programs, yet the budget for scouts always exceeded the budget for my daughter’s young women program.
I expect the church to desegregate priesthood holders before the Civil rights movement. Withholding the priesthood from people of African descent is awful. Teachings about that group of people were racist. How can a prophet be a prophet and a racist?
I expect the church to be better about sexual teachings. I sat through countless lessons that told me I would be a chewed piece of gum or a bruised peach if I had sex. I was told that no one would want me if I participated in sex before marriage. I was told I would be an unworthy priesthood holder. I had friends who felt worthless because of this teaching. I watched people get harassed for what they wore to church. I expect the church to be better about guilt-shaming and unhealthy body messages. Those teachings still cause guilt when I have sex with my wife. Church teachings in this area are harmful and continue to be propagated. The church has not been friendly towards the LGBT community. It used its meetinghouses and called us as members to participate in campaigns in California that were supposed to be fighting for traditional marriage. We were told that the church was taking a “moral stance” on Prop 22. The local chapels were used as meeting places to organize the effort. My employer was put in charge of our area and it was assumed that I would be participating in knocking on doors and handing out pamphlets and putting up signs promoting traditional marriage. I completely regret being part of that campaign and I apologize to anyone I offended in that time in my life. I am sorry.
Mormons are funny critters. I had a few experiences that were body-shaming. When I started college, no one in my family had been to the temple. I didn’t know what temple garments looked like other than my scoutmaster came out of his tent a couple of times with pants and a white low-neck t-shirt on. A friend in college told me he had never seen me wear clothes that would cover the garments. In my defense, this was hot where I lived and I drove an old car with no air conditioning. I wore tank tops and cargo shorts that were more short and less cargo. And I still got to school with my back and butt soaking wet. I got harassed some for what I wore, but it was so hot there I didn’t care.
However, in my late 30’s I attended a Boy Scout leader training called Woodbadge for my wife (I took the training a few years earlier). I wore button up collared fishing shirts that would show the top of the garment because only serial killers button the top button, and it was hot so leaving the next button open kept me cooler. One guy, every day would come up to me and tell me I missed a button and would, without permission, enter my personal space, grab my shirt, and button the button. That was a boundary he had no problem crossing, shaming me for showing the garment.
I expect the church to allow me to defend myself. The State of Utah allows me to conceal carry a handgun almost anywhere. But the church has made it’s “houses of worship” a target for attacks by making it illegal to conceal carry. Even Joseph Smith, when under attack, fired a pistol at his attackers just moments before he was killed, but now the church does not allow me that right.
I expect confirmations of the Spirit to be more pronounced. How did Ted Bundy, a man who killed women and had sex with their dead bodies, get past a Bishop and join the church when he was in the midst of his killing spree? I don’t understand how the Spirit didn’t wake Elizabeth Smart’s father from sleep the night she was taken captive and then raped for 9 months. What is the Spirit for if not to protect your daughter from pure evil? Why have sister missionaries been attacked and raped while serving? Where was the protection promised them as full-time missionaries? These stories and their cover-ups are infuriating. The church uses the phrase “not faith-promoting” to hide anything that might cause doubt.
I expect to have time with my family, not be tied up with so many hours of meetings, visits, and other church work that I rarely see them.
I expect the true church to be growing exponentially, not at the birth rate of the members.
I expect Joseph Smith not to lie to his wife or the church about polygamy. I expect him not to marry 14-year-olds. I expect him not to marry married women. I expect Joseph Smith not to require an angel with a drawn sword to obey a command to institute polygamy. And I expect him not to destroy a printing press for telling the truth about his polygamy. He was killed in Carthage because of this, not because of persecution. I would be upset too if someone wanted to marry you when you were 14. I would not be very happy if someone was trying to marry my wife today.
Staying with the church says I condone what was done in its history. Staying with the church validates and perpetuates the wrongs committed against women and children. The actions and lifestyle of Joseph Smith laid the groundwork for abuses of women under the umbrella of polygamy within the LDS and the RLDS churches. Those abuses continue to this day.
So, now I am 44 years old. I held on for a long time because I really liked the teaching of eternal families. I tried to focus on the good things the church provided me with. But what they are getting right does not fix the roots of the church.
Since leaving the church I have experienced profound peace and calm. My anxiety is gone. I don’t worry about Tuesday night meetings, making phone calls, scheduling appointments, and attending meetings from 6am (to generate the agendas for meetings) to 3pm on Sundays. I don’t have to feel guilt over things that the leadership of the church deems wrong. I often felt guilt about not attending a meeting, while attending the meeting I would have felt guilty about not attending. That is gone now. My view of eternity is no longer based on the teachings of Joseph Smith. When Joseph Smith collapses, the whole church does too.
I am disturbed when people make statement that no amounts of evidence will change their testimony. That line of belief has led to mass suicides to ride the tail of comets and has given large amounts of power to cult leaders throughout history. You should always feel free to challenge your beliefs and change your mind. Sometimes new information will do that.
John Muir is quoted to have said: “I don't like either the word [hike] or the thing. People ought to saunter in the mountains - not 'hike!' Do you know the origin of that word saunter? It's a beautiful word. Away back in the middle ages people used to go on pilgrimages to the Holy Land, and when people in the villages through which they passed asked where they were going they would reply, 'A la sainte terre', 'To the Holy Land.' And so they became known as sainte-terre-ers or saunterers. Now these mountains are our Holy Land, and we ought to saunter through them reverently, not 'hike' through them.”
I spend my time now as a saunterer. This world is my Holy Land. I find peace in the mountains, surrounded by nature. I quit being so worried about this life or the next and my life has improved. I am more agnostic now but am still figuring out where I stand. My goal now is to inspire happiness. Being alive is amazing. I have faith in myself. I have faith that there is enough love in the universe that things will be ok. Happiness is possible and achievable.
I worried your mom would divorce me if I left the church. No. Really. I really thought she might leave me. I was pretty terrified. She hasn’t. I’ve been out for several months now. She has been very supportive and understanding and has made it very clear that she loves me and not the role I played as a member of the church and as a priesthood holder. I was able to talk to her about where I was at in my journey and why I was leaving.
But you were in the dark. I hope this helps. I know you are brave enough to overcome any fears you have, including the ones you have about me not being part of the church any more. I hope what you have learned about life and love from me will help you work through this problem and any others you come across. I want you to be happy. I hope this helps. I am happy to sit and talk about this with you any time. Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts you want to discuss. There doesn't have to be fear of subjects or silence between us, but I will let you determine the pace of this conversation. I love you.
Any edits or thoughts about how I put this together would be really appreciated. I might send this out to my siblings and parents too. What are your thoughts?
Megathread: BSA's Ch. 11 Bankruptcy & Philmont
submitted by olliestarfish to philmont [link] [comments]
Hey all - in the interest of keeping news related to the BSA's filing for Ch. 11 bankruptcy, which was announced late last night, the mods at Philmont
have elected to put together a megathread for reputable information, FAQs, relevant news articles, etc.
and its moderator team are not affiliated with/controlled by the national organization or the ranch, please understand that anything posted here should not be taken as official communications related to the ranch, its state of affairs, or the legal goings-on at the national level. This is simply an amalgam of information.
We welcome questions, comments, and varying viewpoints, but we expect that all who post (visitors and regulars alike) will adhere to the Scout Oath & Law. Keep it civil - any comments or posts that degrade into personal attacks, name-calling, or other hateful/disrespectful speech will be deleted and users will be banned.
Please report comments, posts, etc. where appropriate to alert a mod.
This post will be updated to include links, etc. as they become available. Feel free to comment with links, or message a mod; duplicate sources will not be posted, nor will links with inordinate quantities of pop-ups/ads/etc. Some media links may involve a paywall.
Dear Scouting Alumni,
Today, the national organization of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy to achieve two key objectives: equitably compensate victims who were harmed during their time in Scouting and continue to carry out Scouting’s mission for years to come.
We are outraged that there have been times when individuals took advantage of our programs to abuse innocent children and sincerely apologize to anyone who was harmed during their time in Scouting. We believe victims, we support them, we provide counseling by a provider of their choice, and we encourage them to come forward. We believe that all victims should receive our support and compensation – and we have taken decisive action to make that possible. Our plan is to use this Chapter 11 process to create a Trust that would provide equitable compensation to these individuals.
Please know we have worked consistently over many years to implement multi-layered policies to keep kids safe. From mandatory youth protection training and background checks for all volunteers and staff, to policies that prohibit one-on-one interactions between youth and adults and require that any suspected abuse is reported to law enforcement, our volunteers and employees take youth protection extremely seriously and do their part to keep kids safe.
While the word “bankruptcy” can be intimidating, it is important to know that Scouting programs will continue. This means that regular unit meetings and activities, district and council events, other Scouting adventures and countless service projects will take place as usual.
As we go through this process, we want our Scouting alumni to know the following:
Scouting is safer now than ever before. Approximately 90% of the pending and asserted abuse claims against the BSA relate to abuse that occurred more than 30 years ago. As someone close to Scouting, you know the safety of children in our programs is the BSA’s absolute top priority.
Scouting continues. Scouting programs will continue to serve youth, families and local communities throughout this process and for many years to come. Just last year, communities across the country benefited from more than 13 million Scouting service hours, and young men and women earned more than 1.7 million merit badges that represent skills that will help them succeed throughout their lives. Studies prove and parents agree that Scouting helps young people become more kind, helpful and prepared for life, and as long as those values remain important to our society, Scouting will continue to be invaluable to our nation’s youth.
Local councils have not filed for bankruptcy. Local councils are legally separate, distinct and financially independent from the national organization.
We know you may have questions about these issues and things you will see in the news. We have posted information about the national organization's restructuring at www.BSArestructuring.org.
This site includes a helpful Resources page, where you will find a short video explaining what Chapter 11 means for Scouting and a FAQ to address as many of your questions as possible. This site also includes a Milestones page, which will be your best source for the latest updates throughout this process.
If these resources don’t answer your questions, please feel free to reach out to us through Member Care at 972-580-2489 or [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected]). Thank you for your continued support of the mission.
Yours in Scouting,
Jim Turley National Chair
Ellie Morrison National Commissioner
Roger Mosby President & CEO
$270k/month with a booze subscription box.
submitted by youngrichntasteless to Entrepreneur [link] [comments]
Hey - Pat from StarterStory.com
here with another interview.
Today's interview is with Mack McConnell of Taster’s Club
, a brand that sells craft spirits enthusiast membership. Some stats:
- Product: Craft spirits enthusiast membership.
- Revenue/mo: $270,000
- Started: October 2012
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Founders: 1
- Employees: 3
Hello! Who are you and what business did you start?
Hey! I’m Mack McConnell, founder of Taster’s Club
, a subscription service for people who are curious to learn about and taste amazing craft spirits. Each month we send our members the most interesting spirits we can get our hands on and teach them all about it.
We originally started with just whiskey, but we’ve since expanded into 12 different tracks: whiskey, bourbon, scotch, tequila, rum, gin, vodka, wine or “stock the bar” (includes all the above). Regardless of what track a member chooses, what makes us special is not only that we source the best stuff from under-represented, amazing craft distillers across the world, but that we teach our members all about these spirits to give them the 360° experience of what they’re drinking.
I started Taster’s Club back in 2012, alone, from my room in San Francisco. I’ll never forget the feeling of getting that first subscriber, realizing that this idea might have legs. We’ve been lucky to have grown to share what we do with more and more people.
The business has come so far but we still run a very lean team comprised of independent contractors (equivalent of 3 full-timers) and we’re doing about $270K/month in revenue. We’re just excited to keep doing what we love, sharing what we love with anyone who will give it a try. image
What's your backstory and how did you come up with the idea?
Back in 2012, I was living in San Francisco, working at a big tech company and got the bug to launch a business that aligns with my passions. At the same time, I was getting fascinated with craft spirits from across the world and also became obsessed with reading and learning about them.
As I kept on buying/trying new stuff, it became obvious that the process of discovering spirits is old and boring; most people go to the store and probably pick out whatever it is they had last (or, even worse, something they saw a commercial for!). I wanted to create a way for people to get spirits that was more exciting, convenient and encourages discovery. I was getting stoked about this stuff and I wanted to bring people along with me.
Taster’s Club got its first subscriber in its first month; I was thrilled. I knew what I was trying to do might have legs but had to do it as a side-hustle. I moved to Paris, was working as a developer at a startup and was able to quit and work on it full-time around Taster’s Club’s first birthday.
This was mostly possible at the time because I was a bit of a swiss army knife, able to do most things on my own (web/app development, operations, design, operations, sales, marketing, negotiating with suppliers, etc..), except warehousing/shipping.
Take us through the process of designing, prototyping, and manufacturing your first product.
Because alcohol is so heavily regulated, we had no choice but to work with third party, licensed warehouse/shippers to work within certain states, which conveniently answered some key questions upfront (dropship or hold inventory?).
We began with select shippers only in select states. We were able to find them simply by figuring out who the leading e-commerce sites were working with.
Finding a reliable means of serving customers in all 50 states has been a challenge from the start. Shipping alcohol directly to consumers requires a special kind of business license, and in many cases requires you to have a unique license for each state you’d like to serve. The “strictness” of regulations also varies widely from state-to-state, which means that trying to fulfill orders at scale would be a tedious, manual process if we took everything on ourselves. This made the decision between self-fulfillment and drop-shipping very simple.
It was going to be prohibitively complicated and expensive to fulfill orders ourselves within the boundaries of the law, so we decided to work with third party vendors who were already licensed, insured, and willing to order, hold, and ship products on our behalf.
To find these partners, we researched the current e-commerce sites that were delivering alcohol to their customers and reverse-engineered which states they were shipping to and how they were fulfilling orders.
These sites were basically online catalogs where customers could buy one-off bottles, not a subscription model like we had in mind.)
We started with one or two fulfillment partners and just a handful of “states served” and then expanded out as our revenue and customer base grew. As our transaction volume increased, so did our likelihood of landing new partnerships and getting more beneficial pricing terms.
We had some of the early challenges were around consistency of customer experience and planning. We were essentially responsible for the customer experience, but it was being administered by various, distributed retailers. For example, sometimes the bottle we needed would be available at retailer A, but we needed it at retailer B, etc.. Or we would run out of our custom boxes (which were expensive when we were small!) at one retailer but didn’t plan properly at the other because of unplanned demand. We just didn’t have the resources to handle the complexity (was just me back then!), so our solution was just to put all customers on one monthly schedule, so everyone would get shipments on the same day every month, even if that means waiting 3 weeks to get your first shipment. It serendipitously worked out: customers didn’t mind, I were able to plan inventory more intelligently and focus on growing the business.
Bottles broken in transit, late arrivals, missed delivery attempts (signature required for shipment!), etc. are part of the struggle. Every “fire” requires extra effort to put out because we have to be the middleman between the customer and the retailer operating behind the scenes.
The bottles we were sending members early on were easy to choose because – being a huge spirits fan – I just took people through a list of my personal favorites. Making the educational material that accompanied each bottle was cinch because most of it was stuff I (being a spirits geek) already knew. Remember, I was really just making a service that I would have wanted to find a year prior.
Describe the process of launching the business. image
Our first website was based off a Wordpress template built for restaurant menus I was able to sort of edit to look close enough to what I imagined, making plenty of design sacrifices to launch fast and on the cheap.
A happy accident was that because we had to work with distributed retailers, we were able to make it so we didn’t need to buy product upfront, just according to orders that came in. So, the business literally required no capital to start, aside from the cost of the URL and Wordpress template. The business has continued that way, funded from its own profit.
An important lesson I learned is that launching fast and lean was important because it allowed us to be the first to market (now there’s over 50 alcohol-related subscription services), let us define the category and gave important early lessons.
Since launch, what has worked to attract and retain customers?
What really worked for us is to stick to our mission: getting people excited about craft spirits. Just like any business, we made a million small decisions along the way, and to our credit, I think we did a good job at staying focused on the impact we were trying to bring to our members. With respect to growth
, we’ve found some success with paid advertising, social media, content marketing, and email.
Our general recommendation is to segment your audience and speak directly to their specific needs/interests. You might be surprised to learn that vodka aficionados are very different from whiskey connoisseurs in both language and behavior. Tailoring our message to specific audiences has dramatically increased engagement.
Some of the segments we have created include: club type (Ex: whiskey, vodka, rum, etc.), active members, past members, self-purchasers, gift givers, gift recipients, non-members, new members (first 45 days), and recently cancelled members (last 7 days).
We also have the ability to create new segments on the fly using information stored in our member database. For example, if there is a snowstorm forecasted to pummel the Northeast, we can pull all active members in the affected states and let them know that their shipment will likely be delayed due to inclement weather.
Customer segmentation is a huge advantage for us because it allows us to personalize our email marketing to address the specific context and needs of an individual member. Where most ecommerce stores would just push out an “email blast” to their entire list around Christmas, we’re able to say something like this instead: “Hey John
* ,* Christmas is right around the corner...can you believe it?! Last year you bought Jane Smith
* a* 6-month subscription
* to our* Whiskey of the Month
* club. It looks like the subscription ran out in June, but we thought she might have loved it so much that she would enjoy getting it again this year.* If you’re still looking for the perfect gift, we’ve got an active promotion going on that will save you $15 off your first bottle when you start or renew a gift subscription. Interested? Click here to cross Jane
* off your Christmas list.”*
Each of those bolded phrases is an area that can be automatically tailored to the recipient based on the information we have in our customer database. That means we write a single email template and our marketing software does all of the personalization for us.
Now, which campaign do you think gets more opens, click, and conversions? The generic “shotgun blast” email template that delivers the same message to everybody or the highly targeted, timely, contextual pitches that we’re using?
HINT: It’s not the first one.
Another recent win for us was layering in an abandoned cart sequence. It took half a day to set up, gets a 43% open rate and almost a 5% conversion rate. Free money!
By far, our best growth tactic is providing an outstanding customer experience, from the order process to receiving their first bottle to the unlikely event of needing to contact support. Word of mouth referrals are extremely powerful and we earn them every day by going above and beyond for our members.
The bulk of our traffic comes from organic search, which is the result of years of just “showing up,” building relationships, and publishing great content that people in our target audience actually want to read and share. Thanks to our content strategy and our PR efforts, we hold the top rank(s) for several high traffic keywords that have a specific purchase intent, which means that we get a fair amount of qualified site visitors that actually have a strong likelihood of converting to members.
We also get a substantial amount of traffic from high profile referral sources like Esquire Magazine, The Huffington Post, Buzzfeed, and Whiskey Advocate. This is often a spotlight feature of our product offering or inclusion in a “Best Gifts for _____” piece. The latter is an especially nice opportunity, because most publications will update these from year-to-year and carry over the best ideas, so we end up seeing a regular bump in traffic around the same time each year.
Paid advertising (search and social media) rounds out our biggest traffic sources, but it’s a much smaller piece of the pie. We don’t typically invest a lot in advertising outside of holiday seasons and special events, because we haven’t needed the extra boost.
To make sure that our traffic continues to increase year over year, we’re doubling down on the things that are working (Ex: blogging, on-page optimization, and PR) while also exploring new channels like influencer marketing, sponsorships, and affiliate programs. With respect to retention
, our focus on the customer experience helps with that as well. Our members renew their subscriptions at a high rate because we prioritize reliable service and helpful support every step of the way.
We have also tried to turn new members into repeat purchasers by launching a members-only bottle shop where they can buy additional bottles of their favorite past selections. These one-off sales are a growing part of our total revenue and help us liquidate any excess inventory.
Finally, we try to layer in stories and real-world experiences wherever possible. We publish spotlights of featured distilleries and do a deep dive into their history and processes. Here are a few examples we published for Cotswolds Distillery
, Cleveland Whiskey
, and Laws Whiskey House
When customers get to know the people behind the product, whether that’s Taster’s Club itself or the producers of the spirits we select, there is a natural connection that starts to form and makes them less likely to churn.
How are you doing today and what does the future look like?
We’re profitable and 100% of our sales are done through our online store.
We serve thousands of members each month in every state except Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Delaware, Hawaii, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Dakota, Oklahoma, and Utah.
We start processing orders on the 1st of the month and have an internal goal of getting everyone a “bottle in hand” by the 15th of the month.
We have a team comprised of marketing, member happiness, operations, and editorial staff. James Sowers is running the company these days and is doing an amazing job.
We recently launched a new wine club just in time for Mother’s Day 2019 (LINK
) and have a list of other clubs/regions we’d like to grow into over the long term.
Through starting the business, have you learned anything particularly helpful or advantageous?
We really benefited from a couple of intersecting trends when we were getting started: subscription services and craft spirits. We were really in the right place at the right time.
Regarding partnerships, one of the best decisions we’ve made is to partner with the craft distillers we love most. We’ve been able to make countless collaborations with distilleries, so Taster’s Club members often get bottles that are only available through our club. It’s been a great source of acquisition for people to know that we are the only places some of these collaboration releases are available.
A lesson I learned was not building a robust team fast enough. We eventually got there, but it took me a few years when we frankly could have done it sooner. In the meantime, I was driving myself crazy doing everything from web development to customer service to sales to operations. I frankly had a lot of burnout around year 4 I had to recover from. It was such a game changer for the business when we hired Andrew, our amazing Director of Operations.
What platform/tools do you use for your business?
What have been the most influential books, podcasts, or other resources?
My mom is my biggest single inspiration in entrepreneurship. I’ve watched her do some amazing stuff, most recently found and run her non-profit Let It Be Us
to increase adoption in the foster care population in Illinois.
She taught me to do things that are important and to stay focused on them. Aside from her I try to surround myself with people that inspire me and can act as a sounding board, entrepreneurs and people with other diverse experiences.
Other than people, my favorite book for entrepreneurs is The Four Steps to the Epiphany, which helps demystify the process of finding product market fit.
Advice for other entrepreneurs who want to get started or are just starting out?
- Do the thing you can’t stop thinking about.
- Fall in love with the problem, not the solution.
- Have separation between you and your project. If it fails, it doesn’t mean you failed. This is the mindset that makes it easy to try again.
- Even under tight constraints (day job, family etc…) don’t underestimate the impact of focused, continuous work, even done a little at a time, every night for a year.
Where can we go to learn more?
If you have any questions or comments, drop a comment below! Liked this text interview? Check out the full interview with photos, tools, books, and other data.
For more interviews, check out starter_story - I post new stories there daily.
Interested in sharing your own story? Send me a PM
Help Scout tips, best practices, and Q&A. Help Center. How-to articles about using Help Scout. Contact Us. Get in touch with our team. Education. HelpU. Learn how to create exceptional customer experiences. Playlists. Customer service insights, organized by theme. Guides. Deep dives spanning the customer lifecycle. Jungle Scout. From product research to product launch, Jungle Scout can help you to build and grow your business as an Amazon seller. They power and empower businesses. Sign Up For The Affiliate Program Helpscout Affiliate Program. Join Program. Make every customer service interaction a more human one. Use Help Scout. Please refer to the official programs for the most updated information. Make every customer service interaction a more human one. Use Help Scout. Trusted by over 10,000 businesses in 140 countries. Get started for free Help a dentist have new patients, the local gym to have new members or a med spa to have more clients. Pixel Scout will help you help them with just 3 simple steps. How Does Pixel Scout Work? Pixel Scout works in just 3 simple steps: Step 1: enter the keyword and the area of the businesses you want to target. If you want to get involved in the world of affiliate marketing then you will need to find one or multiple affiliate programs that offer a commission for each sale driven by you. Don’t worry, we can help you find some awesome affiliate programs. But let’s learn a bit about affiliate programs first.